Lincolnshire meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Thanks all!

Will let you know what is required nearer the time!

The list so far is

Pignut
Kata
Trevody
Martin
Featherman208
Fenman
Neanderthol

featherman208

Mar 3, 2006
n,lincs
hi fellas,good to see things in the planning .count me in that weekend i'll be there.just on the note of fire wood to save some lugging about ,the forestry contractors have just clear felled a large area a couple of hundred yards from the camp huts in there.looking at it there is plenty of odds and sods of off cuts [hard and soft]kicking around but would be worth a wander round nearer the date to check.it's a cracking little area and should be a good weekend.
if you need any thing basecampish like water jerry cans ,tilley lamps to a land rover 110 give us a shout and i'll endevour to help,should be free to help set up anything on the friday afternoon if needed.cheers for now..dave

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
So long as you can find the main gate (J4 of the m180) next to the J4 Cafe

It will be signposted from there!

Will look into getting a grid ref!

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
This is the woodland here Just south of the golf course.

I have outlined the area in red on the picture below, the green dot is the enterance to the site. as I said above our area will be signposted from here.

Primmyhill.gif

Just as a foot note, the campsite is now fully booked for us so there is no going back!

also any ideas on activities would be good! I think this should be an informal social gathering but any skills you can offer may be worth noting befor the event

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I would like to know what you guys would like to do on this meet, If anything so we can get it sorted?

Or are you all just happy to turn up andplay it by ear?

featherman208

Mar 3, 2006
n,lincs
don't mind what we do really,as a first meet it would be good to just have a socical gathering,get to know each other ,swap some skills and try them out.
play by ear usually works well.some may like to bring a project along, i know trevs likley to bring his axe hes refurbing.would probably be worth meeting up for a social beer a couple of times before the meet and bounce a few ideas round.

has anyone got anything specific they want to try their hand at or learn?.would be a good opportunity to mention it to assist the planning,equipment etc..
theres bound to be someone in the group thats a dab hand at what someone else wants to learn......cheers dave

kata

Jun 7, 2005
lincolnshire
It would be great if I could go away from this camp knowing how to use a bow drill.... (think i can speak for pignut aswell).
After our drink with trev, I seem to remember that he has these magical powers :D :D

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Apart from bow drill (Thanks Kata) I would like a go at a pit oven (To see how others do it)

Trevody mentioned bunnies for this!

Would be good if someone could get hold of a few!

Other then that lets play it by ear!

(Would still be good to get a list of skills/ projects people would bring!)

featherman208

Mar 3, 2006
n,lincs
can soon sort a hangi pit oven for you,we had a cracker of one as a bbq in trevs back garden.
think it would be good to have a hangi on the go for a meal on the sat night. :)
bunnies should n't be a problem if we can get a shoot in before that weekend.
trev can bring the bow drill i'm sure.
better have some more harfs and spindles made trev i can see it getting some use.
i'd like to learn a bit more about plant medicines if anyone knows . :240:
know a bit but its never enough[spag!!!] :lmao:
have some good stuff for chemical fire lighting demos if any one wants to see it. :D
trev will tell you about the lecture i did teaching the t.a. trev photographed it ,,,,,well mostly the smoke anyway :eek:

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Yes Dangerous Dave :rolleyes:

I don't mind having ago at demoing the fire bow, but I'm sure there will be others at the meet far more experianced than me at it and Dave does do a good demo with various chemicals, just one word of warning,

STAND WELL BACK :eek:

opertunity for those mini flares :rolleyes:
We have a good story about obtaining chemicals don't we Dave, 'honesty officer its for my chickens' :D

Trev :D :lol:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
LOL!!! cant wait to here that one!

(Trev My inbox now has room if you want to re-send your message!)

featherman208

Mar 3, 2006
n,lincs
hey trev .....knock 'knock'.......

if i can get the right stuff guy faulks stand back.
know some good fires too,some sneeky ones that can't be seen even one that you can smelt metal on.
if the right stuffs about we can do a good line in shelter building and sneeky escape shelters,thats if anyone is interested in that sort of thing.
anyone interested in tracking /traping n fishing methods.
had a good sesh with trev tickling trout last year.
sould be able to have some good meets with every one having a different mix match of skills..look forward to it cheers dave

featherman208

Mar 3, 2006
n,lincs
just thought i'd post something,keep the ball rolling an all that!
busy week at "work"this week ....! and it's only tuesday. :D
trev and myself have been tinkering as usual,yesterday we were experimenting making a fire piston,and forging a home made crook knife.
today we made fire!!!. :D :D .have been setting up some spindles and harfs for the firebow ready for the meet so everyone can have a go!
managed to get a few chemicals together :D :D for a firelighting demo would like some others but theres enough to be on with.
once upon a time you used to be able to get anything but nower days theres so many dodgey sods :nono: around that spoil it for the innocents. :(
cheers all..dave

featherman208

Mar 3, 2006
n,lincs
as i was saying pignut,when this post first started there were a few chipping in.
always looking for ideas n input!!!
Q.where did everybody go??????

H

halo

hia pignut,sorry i've not posted for a while,to be honest i forgot all about this meetup :buttkick: :nutkick: is it still on,not got any skill's to bring but it sounds like i could learn a great deal(do beers count as skills :D ) i can open a bottle with a cliper lighter :lmao: :lmao: ;)

paul
(halo)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE