Lil Oodie No.1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 18, 2005
Bucks
Made with some nice Uddelholm steel and I have come up with this blade. I wanted to make a small whittler/wood knife with a spear point for drilling if needed.

£40

PICT0969.jpg

PICT0968.jpg

Its 5.5 inches in total length with about 1.75inch of blade. The steel is 2.5mm thick and has been etched for the forgey look pattern. I used 6mm brass pins and a 6mm brass tube for the lanyard and the scales are good old walnut.

Thanks for looking

PM if interested

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Beautiful little knife, it will do well for it's intended usage, I think. I just love those curvy blades. What's Uddelholm steel? Is it a vinegar etch you have used?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wow thats a sweetie!

I sooo like that as a backup / small knife

I like that a lot - I that a zero ground scandy looks slightly curved?

Red

Jan 18, 2005
Bucks
Its a flat grind with a slight convex on the edge, I can fully flat it if required. The etch is done with ferric acid.

Uddelholm steel is a Swedish band saw steel a bit like L6.

cheers

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
<sigh>

I so want this.......

I cant justify another knife though with my new one due.....

Can I?

Red

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I just LOVE the effect of the blade Mozzy! :You_Rock_ JFW has a cracking catch there methinks!

You say it is etched in feric chloride, do you add a resist at all to create the mottled effect? or is it your secret recipie that you will (understandably) keep to yourself and take to the grave..... :rolleyes:

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Whoopee,

Timed that right to pick up a cracking bargin, thought this might have gone earlier.
Lord farquhars work is fantastic and well worth the original asking price for this. I have previously bought one of his little wren knives, one of my mates offered me a trade that I couldn't resist, so now I've got me hands on another LF knife - when it arrives.
Oh the wait.....

Cheers

JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE