Lets get some pictures up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Andy said:
images.php
Wouldn't like to accidentally stick a finger through one of those holes in the handle while I was closing it! :yikes:

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Kath, has Adi's Woodlore ever been used??

Or is it just a nice piece of eye candy??
:biggthump

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Chopper said:

It's eye candy ... not!!!!!

I've only had it a few weeks but it's well used ... I'll post some pics up later so you can see just how well used it is!

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Hey Kath, what's the handle of your bison made from?
It looks like walnut and the patterns look like spalting. Not that I've heard of spalted walnut before!
It looks good. Do you have any better pictures?

Does Bow Drill Dave come on here? I would like to see more detail of his too.

larry the spark

Forager
Dec 16, 2003
Belfast
FJS90-91 said:
Handcrafted in Lappland/Sweden..

P2210004.JPG

I just finished a variant on this kind of saami knife....obviously not up to this kind of standard, but all the elements are there in some form! Even had a go at basic scrimshawing. I'll try and post a piccie later, though only if I can get a good enough one with my webcam.... really gotta get a digicam.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Kath said:
This pic was taken at the nec. The one on the left is Adi007's WS Woodlore. The middle is my Bison Bushcraft. The one on the end is where it gets sketchy ... I think it's Bow Drill Dave's (DG) handmade but please forgive me if I'm wrong ...

knives.jpg

you are right Kath Dave made his own knife

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Stew said:
Hey Kath, what's the handle of your bison made from?
It looks like walnut and the patterns look like spalting. Not that I've heard of spalted walnut before!
It looks good. Do you have any better pictures?
It's curly birch I believe. Good knife - makes good spoons! :wink: I'll post up another pic later (gotta take some pics of 007's GrannyB first!)

Does Bow Drill Dave come on here? I would like to see more detail of his too.
Yep he is I believe DG. I would expect he still has his arm in an icepack as he did so many excellent bowdrill demos at the weekend! Thanks Stuart for reassuring me that it was Dave's knife. It's certainly well made! :-D I was struck by how similar they all looked!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Adi007 said:
Chopper said:

I've only had it a few weeks but it's well used ... I'll post some pics up later so you can see just how well used it is!

Obviously well looked after :-D

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Chopper said:
Adi007 said:
Chopper said:

Obviously well looked after :-D
Wait till you see the spine where I've been using it to cast sparks with flint! :shock:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Chopper said:
OK, point taken.........sorry dad. :cry:
Hey, you're right though ... it does look like new in that other pic! :biggthump If I ever sell it, I'll use that piccy!!!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
He's put that picture of that mega expensive axe on again.....the one that my other half wont let me have...Tone!!.....torture is illegal why are we subject to it on here..aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :biggthump

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Hey Chopper, I have his single bit coming by UPS as we speak. I will post a pic when I get it. It's a little cheaper.

As for price, I've seen old Norlund's go for just as much on ebay and while they are nice, they don't have the same quality. This is a hand forged axe and cost is less than a Allan Wood Woodlore.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:yikes: :AR15firin :eek:T: : -l)

Much more of this and ill post a picture of my chopper!!! :-D

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
OK, some smaller pics ... :lol:

First off, my GrannyB SFA ...

This is no cluncky tool either ... it's shaving sharp!

Here is my WS Woodlore ... currently my favorite toy! The balance is perfect and it's a pleasure to use!

Here is a close-up of the spine showing where I've been knocking sparks off of it with flint (not ferro rod).

Here is another close-up of the spine ...

Next is my well used Cold Steel Kukri Light ... one amazing chopper!!!!

Next we have the original Wilkinson Sword Survival Knife, as designed by Mr Mears:

Next, my fav folders ... top is the Al Mar SERE 2000 and below that the SOS Survivor SAK

Next, the Busse's ... top is a Steel Heart II and below that is the Assault Shaker, both made from 1/4 inch steel!!!

Finally, the sharpening gear ....

Top left is the Spyderco SharpMaker. Bottom (running left to right) we have a fine grit diamond DMT, a coarse diamond DMT, a medium grit Spyderco ceramic stone, a larger medium grit Spyderco ceramic stone and on the right a fine Spyderco ceramic stone (this is a thin one, about 4 mm thick).

:-D

(images courtesy of Kath!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE