Left at Gretna

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RodStrod

Jul 10, 2006
Bolton
Hi,

I'm starting to plan a trip for a few friends for when the weather gets a bit warmer. I've previously been up to St Marys Loch and around Moffat, lovely areas. I think this time I'd like to have a look at the coast so I'm considering hanging a left at Gretna and heading along the...I guess its the South West of Scotland coast. I'm curious if anyone knows of any good areas around there for camping/beach...etc I've tried looking on google maps but the zoom quality isn't so good for that area (great on the english side but not the scottish...booo)

Any help appreciated, thanks, Rod.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hi
I come from that area originally
Dumfries and Galloway specificallyThe Solway Coast; a place called Colvend which is near Rockliffe and Kippford
There is plenty of woodland around and of course you can camp in a lot of it in Scotland
There are Hills a plenty and views to die for
Rivers teaming with fish and various sizes of lochs
It is Burns country as he was an excise man locally and died near Dumfries
Another famous son is John Paul Jones founder of the US Navy
There are no cities the biggest towns are Dumfries and Stranraer
It is very pleasant and the weather is mild compared to East coast or further North
If i can be of any help let me know
redandshane

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE