Leather stamps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
I recieved a couple of things over the Christmas period that I'm particularly happy with, and thought I'd share them with everyone.
First to arrive was a laplander saw sheath and firesteel holder from Graham(g4ghb)
A really nice bit of work, beautifully made and a perfect fit. I believe he'll be making some more, so if you want one......

A few days later, I received this from a nice chap called Jim (Kerne) I saw them on a thread a while back, and just had to have one!

I think you can guess what happened next!

I soaked the leather in warm water for about 5 minutes, and then g-clamped the stamp in place for about half an hour. Then, after it had dried out, I gave it a good coat of Nikwax and a bit of a polish. This is how it turned out:

I was well happy with the results, so I went a bit mad!

I'm chuffed to bits with the results, it's a great way to personalize your kit, and both Graham and Jim are absolutely fantastic guys to deal with. Thanks again to you both.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Two questions for you:

How much was the stamp?

And, will they do stamps to order?

I was thinking that you could get your initials on a stamp and then effectively label all of your leather kit.

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
You had best contact Jim (Kerne) Also check out the 'stamps for embossing leather' thread in the DIY and traditional skills section.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Spaniel man: glad to see the stamp is being put to good use - I've PM'd you.

As for those who want stamps, the situation is this:

I will knock up a few standard designs and these I will sell for £4.50 inc. PP and Paypal. If you want a customised one then this will come in at £8.00 to £10.00, depending on how much time and fiddling I have to do in front of the computer screen and with the laser settings. The proceeds will go to buy materials for the pupils to make stuff with.

BUT!!!

Remember that this is a material that we are recycling after the kids have used it for their projects and is, therefore, only available as and when they have done with it - I can't go in to mass production!:)

If you didn't see the original thread, it is here:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36756

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE