Leather Silva compass case

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Its been a while since I posted anything for sale as I have not really had the time, energy or inclination to do any leatherwork recently what with building a kitchen and a bedroom:rolleyes:

Anyways here is the first of a few items in production and a bit of a trial to see if they would be popular enough to make a few more.

It is a hand stitched pouch to house a silva type 4 compass (though mine says type4 4/54 on the base)

It is a trial prototype and there a few things i'm not 100% happy with (stitching alignment, slight forming marks etc) so i'm going to do it cheap....

I'd like £15.00 all in (compass not included!) - Price dropped to £10.00 - Item SOLD

hpim1018sn0.jpg

hpim1019qe0.jpg

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ummmm! Nice... I have half a side of cow upstairs I might just have to make myself one of those!!! You've gone and done it now! You've put and idea in my head now that's done it!:Thinkingo

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Sorry mate! - but I know how it is, in fact this is how this came about! I was asked to make a pouch for a type 26 and I had the idea of this at the same time....:rolleyes:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That's really neat! I've got a Type 4/54? Military issue Silva compass. Would it fit in one of those? The scale goes up to 100mm on one side if that is any help, so the whole base plate is approx 12 cm long. I have a whislte tied to the compass as well, so the possibility for a whistle on the front at the bottom would be a neat inclusion, to slide in from the side. It is an orange plastic life jacket type whistle.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
You could make it even better by changing the metal popper closure for a non metal type of closure. that way it won't effect the magnetic needle over time.

shouldn't be a problem as I usualy use brass fittings;) (this one is stainless though and isn't magnetic so shouldn't cause problems either :) )

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
That's really neat! I've got a Type 4/54? Military issue Silva compass. Would it fit in one of those? The scale goes up to 100mm on one side if that is any help, so the whole base plate is approx 12 cm long. I have a whislte tied to the compass as well, so the possibility for a whistle on the front at the bottom would be a neat inclusion, to slide in from the side. It is an orange plastic life jacket type whistle.

Should be fine mate - is essentially the same apart from the fact it is in mils rather than degrees on the bezel.

I'll have a think about the whistle but can't see an issue. If you could dap me a pm with pic of it (and the compass in case it has the sighting bezl) i'll see what I can sort out;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE