Leather pheasant flask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Just finished this one for someone over on BritishBlades.
1 pint platypus in a more traditional style.

The hand/eye embossed pheasant took a little time but sits well on the flask methinks.

DSCF1487.jpg

DSCF1481.jpg

DSCF1474.jpg

Cheers and good ale!
Mike

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I really like some of these things you are turning out Mike - the bottles particularly. I peronally think 1 litre would be a better size (puritab size for a start :D). I would also move the two eyelets out just a bit so a trigger clip can pass through the holes (that way I can hang the bottle off my baldric). Oh and it needs a red squirrel not a pheasant ;)

Lovely work though - very nice indeed

Red

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
I really like some of these things you are turning out Mike - the bottles particularly. I peronally think 1 litre would be a better size (puritab size for a start :D). I would also move the two eyelets out just a bit so a trigger clip can pass through the holes (that way I can hang the bottle off my baldric). Oh and it needs a red squirrel not a pheasant ;)

Lovely work though - very nice indeed

Red

Cheers Red,

I've got a 1ltr to do at some point but the main problem when using the platy bottles is shape/size. To keep the flask along a semi traditional shape the leather needs to be a fair bit larger than the bottle and it starts to look a tad ungainly.

Eyelet placement is a moot point, they can, after all be moved to spec. I did experiment with a larger, semicircular handle hole which looks good too.

Mike

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So long as it has a nice strong edge and I can get a large trigger clip through it!

I know what you mean about look, but a pint is just on the small side of useful to me (and I do like to use these things :eek:)

I'd love to see what you make of the 1litre - it might just tip me over the edge :)

Red

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
So long as it has a nice strong edge and I can get a large trigger clip through it!

I know what you mean about look, but a pint is just on the small side of useful to me (and I do like to use these things :eek:)

I'd love to see what you make of the 1litre - it might just tip me over the edge :)

Red

When it's done I'll put up some pics, should be later this week if the workshop shedule stays as is.

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE