Last Sunday's Sunday Mail

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
AlexRowan said:
I'd be very suprised if many people on here read the mail..........?? :confused:
There's a bad smell of politics in this, but having been in a job where I saw them every day, there's not a lot of bushcraft attitude in there - eg attitudes to land ownership, the environment, etc, etc. Howeve as with all newspapers it contradicts itself all the time, so doubtless many of you will have a different idea- it's like trying to get a definite answer out of the Bible! (no offence to any Christians reading this!).
I'm sure Alex didn't mean that it was a bad paper or that we had to all conform to a political viewpoint! :)

AlexRowan

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
Somerset
Almost exactly, Arctic Hobo! I'm not suggesting that we should have the same political viewpoints and I think most people will agree that it is great that this site doesn't get dragged down by politics and stuff....

However (and I reserve this as my opinion - I know, we've all got them) the Mail is utter sh :censored: te and really not worth wiping your bum on!! Especially as most people on here will be able to find a much more suitable leaf lying around!!! :D

And before anyone get's offended, the editor of the Mail went on the radio and admitted that they make up most of the stories and just write what their readers want to hear..... so it's not entirely a subjective err... subject.

:beerchug:

Oh and by the way I wouldn't get caught reading the gruadain either!! :p

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Eric_Methven said:
The Mail and the Guardian are both great for getting a camp fire started!

Eric

Don't get as many fires out of a Grauniad these days since it changed to its "Berliner" format (tabloid) :lmao:

Still my only subscription read apart from TGO, Private Eye and work stuff, mind you...

Jim. Pinko commie bedwetter :p :p

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
"Captain Janders Sir, if you do not get up I will personally string you up by the *****, do I make myself clear ...Sir?"

That had to be scripted by a real SNCO.

P.S. I reckon Mail readers are pinkos!!! It's a funny old world this Bushcraft malarkey.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE