lamb...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i dunno if this the correct forum for this but...

i work on a small organic farm for a charity where we will soon be butchering some lambs for the winter. the local butcher who is doing the boning and cutting says he'll probably give the skins back to us too.

i was curious to find out if anyone in the area would like some of the lamb or if there are any tanners about, whether they'd want the skins.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Awrighty mate - I'll probably have to have a bit of that. No doubt speak to you about it in the week sometime. :)

BTW, according to permaculture guru Bill Mollison, lamb skins make a great sheet mulch. Dunno about the pong / flies though... ;)

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
we use the wool from the angorra goats as compost/ mulch. its bloody lovely stuff, high energy release over a very long time. the sheeps fleece went to make yurts.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
im not sure if we're allowed to tan them ourselves. there is a tanner in a local village called currie though. one of the lambs has a pure black fleece, its a beautiful thing - would look even better as a jacket methinks :D

dunc, as for the goats. its truely the only feasible use i've found for them. with all that angorra wool i reckon we've got the most luxurious compost in britain, possibly even the world.

rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE