Knife: yew handled Polar whittler

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I have for sale an unused, hand-handled whittler, made by my father-in-law Stuart Mckenzie, with a sheath made by myself.

Polar Whittler SS 80 stick tang blade
Layered handle consisting of a solid brass bolster, reindeer antler, leather, and yew. The yew was made in two halves, split down the tang lengthwise (each half carved out to fit the tang snug). Whether this affects the robustness of the knife I'm not sure, being a small whittler it's not likely to be battened or take much excess stresses. It feels very strong and comfortable in the grip.

Sheath is very simple; 3mm veg tan sealed with wax, hand saddle-stitched with artificial sinew, with a belt loop and brass D ring to take a dangler. Can make a dangler free of charge if required.

Price is Sold pending funds.

WP_000293 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000292 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000294 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000297 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000299 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000296 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000300 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000301 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Thanks
Hamish

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Dam your eyes Hamish ;) Why'd you post that beauty at that price when my shopping is done and I'm totally brassic? Lovely and is a steal at that price.

Cheers for waking up the greeneyed monster,
GB.

Matt77

Dec 6, 2014
Scotland
Very nice. The color of the sheath and the wood goes so well... I wish I had space in my life for another scandi. ☺

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
'Twas I that bought this knife :)

I paid for it yesterday, 23rd, and after very kindly holding it for me, Hamish posted yesterday morning; upon my soul, it's arrived at my house just now; Allow me to assure you all that it's even nicer than it looks!

If the Royal Mail can do this at this time of year, how come they get so much wrong?

Thanks muchly Hamish, it's a corker all 'round :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
'Twas I that bought this knife :)

I paid for it yesterday, 23rd, and after very kindly holding it for me, Hamish posted yesterday morning; upon my soul, it's arrived at my house just now; Allow me to assure you all that it's even nicer than it looks!

If the Royal Mail can do this at this time of year, how come they get so much wrong?

Thanks muchly Hamish, it's a corker all 'round :)

Jolly good show! Thank you for removing the temptation!

Famtastic work as always Hamish! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE