Knife Blade/Blank

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Here i have for sale,One of my Bushcrafter Blade/Blanks,For you to handle your self.

Spec is 225mm x 30mm widest point x 4mm thick,Rc 58/59 checked on my own rockwell tester,And comes shaving sharp,Both Spamel And Rancid Badger both use my Knives,You can pm them for there thoughts on the quality.

As its for a BCUK member i would like £50 inc singed for next day.On my website they are £55 plus p+p.

Pm for details

Bernie

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Have you got any pics of another of those blades made into completed knives? The slight curve of the blade up towards the handle is something I'm not sure about.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Have you got any pics of another of those blades made into completed knives? The slight curve of the blade up towards the handle is something I'm not sure about.

Here you go fishy:, the curve towards the handle just makes the knife a dream to use in my opinion. It helps to keep the blade where you want it to be.
Bark-container012copy.jpg

Bark-container009copy.jpg

P3270005.jpg

P3120005.jpg

for carving, stripping, making feather sticks, shaving bark etc. that curve makes a heck of a difference.
I've used several "bushcraft" clones over the last three years or so, as well as the genuine Woodlore and Bernies knife is better, mainly because of the curve.
These are of course only my opinions but I use the knife for something or other, major or trivial, almost everyday.The only other knife I use for instruction/events, is my home made crook knife.
If your able to put your own scales on and knock up a sheath,then £50 is a steal.

I've got no actual connection with Bernie, other than being a very satisfied owner of one of his pieces of work.

Buy it!

Steve ;)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Got to agree with RB's sentiments. The curve keeps the wood you are cutting in the power zone as I like to call it, the piece of the blade where power cuts are made. It's a quality made piece, and here you have the opportunity to get one for very cheap and also to customise it personally.

My knife collection is steadily getting bigger at the moment, which is a shame as I like to use them all! Fortunately, The Ratbag has shown me a new farm that he has gotten permission on to shoot that is absolutely heaving with rabbits, so if I take a different knife each time, then I can justify keeping them all! At the moment, the Bushcrafter from Bernie and the Nessmuk from Jojo are the only knives I am using when I go out and about, apart from the odd Opi or UKPK for small tasks such as opening wrappers or cutting string. They are swapped each trip.

Both are excellent knives, the only thing wrong with the Nessmuk, and it is my fault, is that the wooden scales are slightly shrunken so the tang protrudes a fraction of a millimetre. I took the wood down flush with the metal and i think the oil has sonehow shrunken the scales a tad. If you get scales from bernies' supplier, you won't have this problem as they are stabalised, and very nice looking to boot!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE