Kit that's allowed to be carried on the outside of a rucksack...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
corrected,

I am coming for you Mountain Mike! you best be ready
shocked-cat.png

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Really don't understand this thread. In my view anything that won't go inside or you might want to get at easily and won't get damaged or lost is OK strapped outside it. Carrying a bow saw, assembled, on the outside of a pack is asking for damage to things like tarps, tents and waterproofs. I don't often carry an ice axe nor an avalanche probe in England.

My Jerven bag has a neat little cap which goes over the end when it's rolled up to keep the water out. If I strap it on my pack it takes less than a minute to get my bed ready for the night.

How about a Dutch oven? :)

LOL. Are you really going to carry a DO if backpacking in?

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Reading the first couple of posts I feel a bit like I am in the outcast group.... I carry my water filter in the outside side pocket - it is one of those water filter bottles - for quick access to my drinking water....

I never liked the idea of my canteen being anywhere near my pack; neither in it nor on it. Always a separate carry either on my belt or a shoulder strap (a strap of its own) or hung from the saddle horn.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
reminds me of a time hiking to a bothy up in the highlands in a torrential downpour. trying to stop the tennents tins falling out the cheapo plastic bag i was carrying when the metal pan loosely tied to my pack swung round and bust my eyebrow open. 2 frenchies turned round to find me screaming freedom into the rain and wind covered in blood whilst picking up fallen tinnies :lmao::lmao:

i now have two french slaves to carry my things....

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
This is my set up - The boar is usually wearing the rucksack with all the bits dangling off the outside so he ends up looking the knobber - not me. See what I did there?

zzzzzz.jpg
[/IMG]

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
This is my set up - The boar is usually wearing the rucksack with all the bits dangling off the outside so he ends up looking the knobber - not me. See what I did there?

zzzzzz.jpg
[/IMG]

Haha! pass the knobber title to the nearest dead thing! brilliant ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE