Kifaru packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
Anyone had any experience with Kifaru packs??? i read the post a couple of weeks ago re the Kifaru tipi and their gear seems to be top notch as far as quality goes...just want to know if anyone's used the pack?

i'm thinking about getting the Pointman.

regards
Jeelan

Best! Packs! Ever!

I got a Scout a while ago and am getting a Pointman also.

Reallly well made, eminently well thought out, comfortable, modular, everything in the whole line is meant to work with one another, guaranteed forever, nothing is going to go obsolete.

Everything is essentially tailor made to the person ordering it. They want to know your height, weight, in seam, torso length, waist size, and then proceed from there. I'm exceptionally tall, and the Pointman they're making is built to account for my excessive torso length.

While the packs are predominantly made for a military audience and the colour choices reflect that, if you can provide them with the material, they can make the pack in any colour you prefer. If you want an orange pack and can provice them with the requisite cordura, they can make it that colour.

I like the fact that I called them up and the president took the time to answer all of my questions. Try that with North Face or Eureka.

Yes they are expensive. But consider that they pay local people in their community a living wage to build their products. They aren't having things made in El Salvador or China. And they won't ever either. This is not a company driven by share holders looking to maximize their profits. They are people who engage or did in the same activities their packs are geared towards, hunting or the military.

Their forum is also a good place to have all of your questions answered or suggestions heeded. They really do listen to feedback from their users.

Definitely worth every penny.

NuclearPower

Feb 9, 2005
Sweden
Kifaru makes interesting packs. However some yeras ago....:

http://www.alaskahunts.net/alaska/reviews.htm#kifarupackanchor

The problem should be fixed now..I like the way they acted afterwards, mant-to-man over a beer :biggthump
I'm sure that they can make a good pack. Maybe the best.
I'm looking myself after a goooooood rucksack/rucsac/back pack.. :eek:):

If you get your Kifaru, give us your fair opinion (test rabbit!).
I might send you, out of gratitude, a drowned, green, ecological and bio-harvested carrot from sweden... :biggthump

Yeah that's what I mean. They really do care and they do take the time to address problems personally. The president of the company takes the time to rectify problems in a very fair and equitable manner. Everything I've ever read and heard leads me to believe that they are a very standup company. I don't think thay would have legions of rabid fans on all of the gear forums if they weren't up to snuff.

Military Morons site has some superb reviews and photos of Kifaru's gear. I just can't provide you with a direct link, but you'll see Kifaru mentioned on the site map on the left hand side.

HTH

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
i've just placed an order for the Pointman with two long pouches and a back pouch.

I ordered the Pointman pack in Coyote Brown (easier to spray paint to auscam colours if necessary).

It should get here by end of Feb so i cant wait. i'll put a review and pics for those who are interested once i've had a chance to field test.

Thanks for your input till now

cheers
Jeelan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE