Kent Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I was gonna give that bannock idea a go if there's time (and space round the fire). We discussed it last time - the idea is to make a small paddle and place the bannock on that then cook it next to the fire. I might do it in the evening when everyone's finished cooking and the coals are good and hot. And it'll give us something to eat when the beer comes out :D

Also, any ideas how to dry out that crampball Bloodline? It's still damp. I've got it spread out in the shed, which is nice and dry, on sheets of paper towel. The towels have been changed daily so they're not sitting in their own moisture but it's not drying well enough.
I was looking forward to using it at the meet this weekend :(

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Switch put in in the oven for a little while.:lmao: :lmao: It should have dried out by Sat anyway but we have had very wet weather. Bread paddle sounds a good idea how about I bring a big flat rock as well and try cooking on that when its heated up. Any ideas for a main course?

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Switch put in in the oven for a little while.:lmao: :lmao: It should have dried out by Sat anyway but we have had very wet weather. Bread paddle sounds a good idea how about I bring a big flat rock as well and try cooking on that when its heated up. Any ideas for a main course?

I don't think the humidity in the air is helping any. I'd put in the airing cupboard but we don't have one.

Don't know what to suggest for a main course. I'm always up for a nice stew so if you're able to get a good cut of meat then I can bring spuds, onions, mushrooms etc.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
No worries I will do some braising steak in the cast iron pot and if anyone else wants to join in they are welcome just post your food ideas contributions and we can see what we come up with. Newbie is coming Im not sure about snake though as he is unwell after his trip to Thailand (cant say more)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
So we are

Self
Bloodline
Snake
Switch
OutdoorNewbie
LawrenceDell
Twoflower
3Please?
Bardster?
Mad Mike

Im bringing an Octopus on sunday (probably dead it was coughing up blood today :) )- open to suggestions (culinary only pls)

Cheers
Nick

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
I've just been looking at the weather on Yahoo.

And I quote:
"Torrential rain is set to sweep across Britain from Friday..." :umbrella:

Looks like it'll be a wet one guys :D

Nick - that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard anyone say they're bringing to a meet. :lmao:

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Snake will not be coming he has caught something on a stag do in Thailand and is waiting for the antibiotics to kick in (I know I have seen his sick note):( :( :( :( :( However we will have to struggle along without him at least we wont have to drink his Brandy like the time before last :rolleyes:

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Nick - that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard anyone say they're bringing to a meet. :lmao:

Yeah I know - and Ill accept that prize.

SWMBO bought it for me as a joke for my Birthday - in truth I havent really got a clue what to do with it thought id stir fry it or somwething. I dont even know if its cleaned & gutted (or How!!!)

I wonder if you can ponass it like salmon - now that is an interesting image to conjure with.

Cheers
Nick

PS stuff the weather - I could do with shrinking anyway (but not vertically - Im already too short for my weight)

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
Not going to be able to make it on orders of SWMBO.:(

Still, hope to catch up with some of you at the Moot next weekend.

Hope the weather holds out for you guys! Have a good one

Cheers

Adam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE