Kendal Festival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Used to go to it and a few friends used to help out for free tickets for certain events. It is usually in November, usually a mild November not that you'd know that with all the high altitude down jacketed southerners you'd see up for the festival. Locals walking past puffer jacketed wearing t-shirt and shaving their heads. Lol!

It's good but not as good as it was before it really blew up as a big attraction event. Loads of venues and events. Climbers, mountaineers through to just adventurers, multi mode travellers and kayakers of various styles. Plus a few brands selling off end of lines or samples of cheaply. Later to be more expensive than you can find in local outdoor shops after it became popular event.

Not been to a event in it for over a decade but I'm sure it's still part of the adventurer / mountaineer talk circuit, you'll still get the big British names, whoever they are these days, doing a talk selling their book!

Cynical! Moi?! Lol!

Reactions: Toddy

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
The mountain festival is still good fun. We usually host one of the “secret sessions” at my bar & they’ve had some interesting guests. It’s good if you’re into walking/climbing/mountain biking & adding to your kitheap.
I hosted the Patagonia after party last year which was a bit wild!!
Plenty to do & Kendal’s a nice town to visit. There is one amazing cocktail bar ( apparently…….).

Reactions: Toddy

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I won’t be in Kendal till early December but agree it’sa great town.
We’ve enjoyed the Square Orange tapas bar - when we can get a couple of seats - it’s very popular.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Found a new to us cafe in kendal last weekend. Baba Ganoush seems to shut even earlier these days so we looked around and found it. Think it was once a Thai restaurant just up from the chocolate shop before becoming a cafe. Nice food, prices and staff. I love kendal for the way you can still find new to you places despite it being your local town

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE