Karrimor Kit - All at half price

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
Hi All

Some of you may already know this, but all the kit sold in Karrimor's own shops (the old YHA shops) is now being sold for half price! Apparently the company was put into Receivership last Friday, but a buyer came forward on Monday, but as the company is in the red, all stock is half price.

Hope some of you get some bargains
Cheers
ranger

Further info - They are selling Sabre 45's for £40, which I know one or two of you were interested in these.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
No all the stuff is only availabe direct from the shops.

If you have one near you have a good poke around as there are bits of military kit that were obviously buyers samples at very silly prices.

They are also selling Millbank bags with all the bits and bobs for £11.00.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Fantastic !!!

Just been in the Manchester shop and got me a brand spankin' Karrimor Sabre 80 -130 PLCE Bergen in olive green for the princely sum of...........

Wait for it..........

£55 :-D :super: :biggthump :mrgreen:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Well if MadDave was feeling nice he could take some orders and add a little bit say (£5/£10) for the service. Still getting a good deal...

Waits quietly for Mad Dave to come and smack me!

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
I am only assuming that they won't post things as when I called the couple of shops near me to make enquires on certain items they refused to check and said they wouldn't hold stock. As you can imagine the shops are packed out and the few staff there are, are rather stressed.

I'd say you have nothing to loose by calling.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I had a look at the sabre 45's but they weren't the patrol sac ones with the padded hip belt. They had a plain unpadded one. Looked a bit naff really. They were going for £40. If ya want I can pop in on my way home :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I too am looking for the patrol Sabre 45, must have padded waist.

I tried the Adventure Store in London today, 0207 025 1900 and “Yes they carry them, yes they are on sale, no they didn’t do mail order, no they couldn’t say how much they were, no they didn’t know if they had any left, no they weren’t going to check on stock or price, why don’t I come in and hunt for it myself?” JEEZ!!! Like hell I am going to go all the way into London on the off chance that this place will still have what I want.

Anyone within an EASY journey of a Karrimor store selling Sabre 45 sacks , with padded waist, fancy buying me one? Will pay postage and handling!

But only if they don't look naff. don't want a naff bag :wink:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Went to go to the YHA in Southampton today, ended up at the Cotswold Outdoor shop with the GF sister so she could change some super feet insoles... mind you I did buy a pair of Meindl Magics to replace my Chamealeons... oh well I'll try and get to the YHA tomorrow although I fear the cards going to take a battering :shock:

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Seems Field & Trek got a few of them.
Just got this in a email from them, not on the site yet it seems.

That's right, We just got bigger, 30% Bigger!

We are proud to announce that as of today we are now operating from the following 5 former YHA/Karrimor retail stores:-

Birmingham - 90-98 Corporation Street, B4 6SX. Tel: 0121 236 7799
Bristol - 10-12 Fairfax Street, BS1 3DB. Tel: 0117 929 7141
Liverpool - 25 Bold Street, L1 4DN. Tel: 0151 709 8063
Oxford - 9-10 St. Clements Street, OX4 1AB. Tel: 01865 247948
Southampton - 14 High Street, SO14 2DF. Tel: 02380 235847

We are offering up to 70% Off* most Karrimor lines held in Our New stores - whilst stocks last. So hurry down and check out what's on offer at your new Field & Trek store.

Look out for NEW Field & Trek stock lines over the next few weeks in these stores.

Terms & Conditions.

*On existing Karrimor stock in-store only. Offer subject to availability. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer/promotion/sale item/Price Beater/Group Sales price or special order.

**10% Off + Free Standard UK Mainland delivery. Min order value £45.00. Not valid with any other promotion/offer/discount/Price Beater/sale item/group sales price or special order. Does not contribute to Loyalty bonus Offer excludes Channel Islands & Eire.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
The YHA shop in Cambridge was heaving yesterdar morning a 9.02! All the hardware - victorinox, maglite etc was long gone but everything else was half price or better.

I got a sabre 45 -not the patrol version but fine for what I need - for £25!
My step son got a Ridge 45 for £26!
Also got a decent coat for to and from work for £32

Hope some of you also got some good deals.

Dave

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Dammit! I thought Cambridge was my nearest YHA store, so I wanted to ring on Saturday morning to see what was left. However, Yellow Pages directory enquiries could not find it and the YHA itself, in Cambridge, said there wasn't one. Conclusion, it's shut since my last visit - wrong!

Timing was never my greatest strong point.

Did they have much left - is it worth a visit this weekend? I'm after a Millbank bag and maybe a Sabre rucsac.

Ted W

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Ted,

I doubt the shop will even be open this week. The assistants were packing down all the display stands when I was in there on Saturday morning, and stuff was being bought at an alarming rate.

Dave

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
For what its worth if you go into "Field & Trek" and pick up the currnet catalogue you'll find a 15% off voucher tucked inside it.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE