Kahua Nui

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
A few weeks ago, we were at Kahua Nui in Hoomaluhia in the foothills above Kaneohe Bay. But we didn't get to go see the Blue Angels. I did see them flying overhead in formation earlier in the week though when they were practicing.

Once again, it was rainy, except for the last day, which I will get to...last.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-2.jpg

cloudy Koolaus

We rigged up canopies and tarps to duck under when the rains came. They came frequently and hard. And when it wasn't raining, they provided blessed shade.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-5.jpg

The blue tarp wasn't set up. It was one of the dads just holding it up for some reason.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-6.jpg

My baby girl.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-4.jpg

One of the moms. And no, not my baby.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-3.jpg

Breakfast of pancakes, sausages, fruit, etc.

We ate really well as usual. We even had meals of corn beef and cabbage and one meal included escargo. I give the kids credit for having the guts to try it and was happy that they liked it.

We did some community service...dredging up the weeds in the lake. What mucky work!

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-1.jpg

The kids got to make some jack-o-lanterns since we weren't going to be camping around Halloween.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabijeBda.jpg

And of course, they hammed it up whenever there was a camera near by.

I will split the pictures into three posts. More to come...

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
Here are more pictures of our camp site and everyone playing and relaxing.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-7.jpg

Cruising in the shade.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-8.jpg

The only teenager at camp...quack!

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-11.jpg

Our camp.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-9.jpg

Sitting around the camp fire.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-14.jpg

The fire.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-12.jpg

Kids at play.

They played many games including the one in the picture, a hide and seek variant that I cannot remember what it was called (sardine, I think), a game my girls made up at home, etc. My girls would have me hide little plastic lizards around the house for them to find. They wanted to play it at camp with the other kids but forgot their lizards so we improvised. I carved a "lizard stick" and tied some colorful string around it and the kids had a blast.

We were hoping the weather would clear up for our last day since we had a couple of kids birthday party planned for that day. So we arranged for good weather.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-10.jpg

Weather sacrifice.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-13.jpg

And it worked. The weather cleared up and was beautiful the next day.

More to come...

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
Our last day at camp was birthday party day!

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-17.jpg

The family throwing the party hired guys to come and set up a big canopy and brought in way too much food. Every family ended up taking home enough food for at least 1-2 meals afterwards.

We had all kinds of fun and games, including pools, water slides, fishing for prizes, games for prizes, kiddie crafts, etc. And of course, lots to eat.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-15.jpg

Splish splash.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-16.jpg

Look what I can do.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-18.jpg

Banzai slide.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-19.jpg

Fishing booth.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-20.jpg

The pinata line.

Pictures-200710-HoomaluhiaTabije-21.jpg

She gave me such a cute smile!

Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks for looking. I hope you aren't getting tired of seeing us just kicking back all the time. Our next trip is Thanksgiving weekend. Aloha!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE