JonR Tutorial Request !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Jons Tutorials are so good i'd like to request if you have the time if you might do more ?

Would you , of the birch bark basket you have on your site ??

Thanks

Loz

( also any chance of a close up of that crossbow) ?

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
It's great to haer that people love what i do! Im really pleased!

Ok Loz, I'll see what i can do! I've got to go and find some suitable birch bark first though. Are you talking about the shallow basket or the tall one i used as a vase?

Many thanks

Jon

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hi Jon,

You should be proud of your work - its wonderful, i'm keeping an eye on your site and trying out my own projects, some posted here, but im still trying to get my spoons useable !!

Regards the basket, the shallow one, looks like a good beginners one to attempt ?

Thanks Loz !

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
I would be happy to do a tutorial but i cant find good enough bark at the moment. I dont want to take it from live trees.

I've just been out looking for a couple of hours and i only came back with enough for half that basket. If that!

I'll keep my eye out and as soon as i have enough bark i will get started.

There are plenty of dead birch trees but the bark is far too thin! Usually the bark is thin anyway in the UK but most of the stuff i found just disintigrates!

Wish me luck on my hunt for birch bark!

Jon

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
hello again! In the car on my way at the moment. Im on my brothers laptop with internet from a mobile. I couldnt resist checking the forums.

By the way Loz, I have a few sheets of birch bark for the basket but they are really thin! Maybe i could double them up. Will start on that in a week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE