Joel Bolden bladed Bushcraft knife for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
I bought this about three years ago purely because it had a Joel Bolden D2 blade.

For anyone who doesn't know, Joel Bolden is a superb grinder of knives - he makes serious slicing machines :D from thin steel and he distal tapers the blade to a fine point. They truly are stunning knives to use for food preparation, butchering out animals, fine carving and so on.

I've no idea how one would fare if you decided to baton it, but Joel's blades excel at everything else and anyone who appreciates what thinner knives have to offer will know where I am going with this :)

My understanding is that Joel made a small number of blades that were substantially deeper than his usual designs for others to finish out and complete and use as bushcraft knives.

My apologies but I can't remember who actually built this knife :(

It has white liners, blue stabilised Giraffe scales and mosaic pins.

Stout leather pouch sheath with belt loop is the one that came with the knife when I bought it.

The blade is Joel's usual D2, 3.5mm thick, flat ground from the spine and he gets his blades cryogenic heat treated by D'Alton Holder who is among the very best in the business when it comes to heat treating.

Rockwell is 60 - 61 C.

I have tried to show the distal taper and super-fine point in the second picture:

jcb-1.jpg

jcb-2.jpg

Other than sharpening it when it first arrived I have never used it. I checked the edge this afternoon and it was happily slicing wafer thin pieces from the edge of a sheet of A4.

Keep in mind that this is very well heat treated D2 so unless your sharpening us right up there, do yourself a favour and leave well alone.

If your sharpening is good and you understand the performance that D2 can offer then how about £60 RMSD delivered with the UK ?

If anyone is interested in it I will knock the sharp edge off the spine for you if you want to use it for a lot of heavy carving or, if you prefer, I will run the spine over the belt grinder to make a sharper edge for throwing sparks.

Last edited:

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
First, last, and only bump - down to £60 including RMSD

Might consider straight swap or part trade with cash adjustment either way for a nice slip-joint folder - canoe or trapper pattern (old carbon steel Case, Schrade Old Timer, Queen Cutlery (would prefer D2), Puma stockman or similar).

None of your modern claptrap thanks :D

Last edited:

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
Would the buyer of this knife please clear some private messages out of their inbox ?

I have to clarify your delivery address but until you clear some PMs down I can't get my message through to you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE