jet pilot survival knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nige1

Dec 9, 2012
Yorkshire
wanted . as the title says, wanted nice ontario or camillus us pilots survival knife. the one with the leather ringed handle. not much good as a bushcraft knife but always fancied one! anyone out there have one doing nothing? please advice with details and price. cheers regards nigel.

nige1

Dec 9, 2012
Yorkshire
yes, thankyou for that. however i hoped to buy used in this country. didnt fancy any custom/ inport problems! so still on the lookout! someone will be along soon with one.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Hi,

This is a genuine USAF Pilot's survival knife and complete with the original sheath and (barely used) sharpening stone. It's been to a few interesting places with me over the years and is in good used, not abused, condition. A few years ago I had Ben Orford grind out the original sabre grind to a scandi grind to improve edge retention, which worked nicely (thanks, Ben!).

View attachment 13945

Hopefully, you can see enough from this pic as I'm having trouble re-sizing it!

I'd like £40 posted. If you're interested, please also confirm that you are over 18 as I can't sell it to you otherwise.

Cheers,

Ted W

nige1

Dec 9, 2012
Yorkshire
hi all, received pilots knife, very nice and sharp working edge, nice grind, will be my user for sometime, many thanks ted. cheers regards nigel.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
They've been around for a little over 70 years or so. And yes it can be re-ground. In that time they've had uncounted modifications.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE