I've got a spare £40 what shall i spent it on?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I don't actually have a "better half" haha thanks for the suggestions tho.

I didn't buy anything yet but i do like the look of those SAK's never had one!

You could buy an alox farmer and still have £20 change,,great knives;)

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
I decided to spend it on a new cooking setup.

I've been using either a Campingaz Bleuet Micro Plus / open fire and a solo pan set from i think Wilkinson years ago.

The pan set is pretty good as it has a frying pan with a brass bottom and lid and a little cooking dish with lid. It all fit's inside each other and the frying pan handle folds over to secure it all together.

m_P51VJzN5eA8VWgJd22cHQ.jpg

So i can live with the pan set for a few more years before it falls apart but the cooking side i've always had to balance the pans on top of the burner which is not ideal. I used a trangia set for about 10 years before that but not a massive fan of meths really.

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
if you have used a trangia and yet not a real fan of meths get a gas kit for it, got mine about (sigh feeling old) 12 years ago and haven't looked back, sure I've bought other cooker things since then but have no plans to bin the tranny set up.

Or get something from one of the very talented makers on here.

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
I always thought the trangia set was a bit bulky for a solo guy like myself, unless i have some oversized version or something?

I've used my hobo stove a few times and quite like that but it's not always practical when you don't have any natural fuel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE