I've got a horrible cold...bushy type remedies?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Lemon tea. Mix with one lemon juice and a table spoon of honey. Drink, and for added power, eat some garlic. :) Good stuff.

As above but add a tablespoon of cyder vinegar. I take cyder vinegar for just about everything.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not a laplander!
This is a quallity product and in your state you would not apreciate its superiority!
Use a blunt spoon.....the result is the same and your estate can sell off your laplander at a profit - everyone a winner!
Alternatively - remember - if you treat a cold it will only last seven days, untreated it will be with you for a whole week!
Any more than this it is "Man Flue", a chest infection, sinusitis, the dreaded Lurghi or the plague and needs more radical treatment.
Do not cut off your head in these cases but amputate the body from the neck down.

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus
Another vote for the hot toddie it's the only hope for those with a y chromosome and a cold..
Grab your favourite mug or jam jar add a generous tot of cheap malt, (j walker or similar), heaps of really good manuka honey, lemon and water
Get it into ya
repeat until better/drunk - delete as applicable

Cheers

Biogenic1

Sep 27, 2007
Australia
BIOFORCE ECHINACEA(20 drops in a little water-hold in mouth 1 minute before swallowing) 3-5 times daily. Eliminate all dairy, rest as much as possible.

Also take Bioforce Echinacea once daily throughout winter as a preventative.

Can you tell I'm a Naturopath???? Gary

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
By christ I've been struck down with the illness straight from Beelzebub! I was fine earlier, went out shooting for a few hours, stepped in the kitchen door and put my kit down. Half an hour later, I felt as rough as you can be, which being a bloke is pretty rough! I'm currently trying all sorts of medicinal stuff, I've had the buttercup syrup which was rubbish! Normally quite good but it's not cutting the mustard today.

I'm currently using some of British Reds' Blacberry Brandy, purely medicinal you understand! It seems to be making a deifference after a few sips, but I don't have much of it left so I'm gonna have to concoct something with honey and lemon juice, a bit of hot water and either Stags Breath or beer!

Wish me luck!

:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
An Indian friend swears that breathing in the fumes from a burning peppercorn will clear clear congestion. If it works will you let us know :D

Seriously, I found a lot of comfort from a hot chocolate made from hot water which had had cinnamon and cloves simmered in it for five minutes, and laced with Cointreau :D
Very relaxing and soothing.

cheers,
Toddy

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If you want, I'll throw a bottle of tabasco in my eye Mary!

:rolleyes:

I don't have half of these ingredients to hand anyway, so Reds' brandy and SB Surprise it'll be!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know a good hot curry helps sweat out a cold too, don't waste the Tabasco ;)
S orry Spam, not being very sympathetic, got a cleg bite, taken anti histamines and feeling like a real grump......and ye gods but it itches.

Enjoy your cure, whatever you take :D and pity those of us who can't :rolleyes:

atb,
mary

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, I hope you get over your ailment quickly too. Get yourself some tiger balm and rub it straight onto that bite. It works with mozzie bites, takes the itch and sting right away. I've heard that a hot cup or spoon applied to the area has a similar effect too, as hot as you can bear of course, don't go scalding yourself!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE