It's ok to admit it...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Go ahead. Say it. You like big knives. As long as they are thin and light, eh? :D

I got this beauty from Brian Harrison. A very light, thin-bladed knife with an 8 1/2" blade. Very leuko like. When I compare it to my Stromeng leuko, I find it much easier to maintain my grip when shaping wood. This knife is light enough that all the chopping action is in the wrist. Very little arm action is needed to get decent penetration. The steel is ATS 34 and Brian did an excellent job on the heat treat, as he always does. His work is always top notch.

bfhcampknife3b.jpg

bfhcampknife2b.jpg

bfhcampknife1b.jpg

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
The sheath is actually laminated. Note the absence of stiching on the front. The outer laminated layer is embossed cow hide although it looks like alligator etc. :)

C

CatFisH

okay...I'll confess...I do like big knives..especially if they are thin and light...itz not like I am addicted or something...I can quit any time I want.....

nice blade, HooDoo...here is my choice in the same class as yours...Paul Moore made this one from O1 with curly Ipe scales...this size works great for me...

PMoorebowiea.jpg

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Hoodoo, thats a sweet looking blade you have there. Any chance of a link to Brians site so I can investigate further ? I can feel a VISA moment coming on. :)

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
heheheh

Thank god for Canada, we can carry the big ones and not get arrested!

(But erm...I don't carry a "big blade." I just know OTHER people that do!) :D

But yeah, that's a nice blade.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Longstrider said:
Hoodoo, thats a sweet looking blade you have there. Any chance of a link to Brians site so I can investigate further ? I can feel a VISA moment coming on. :)

I'm not sure if Brian has a website yet or not. I kinda doubt it. For years he owned a sporting goods store and sold his knives from there and at knife shows. He recently closed the store so maybe that will motivate him to start a website.

Here is the contact info I have:

Contact Information:
BFH Knives
P.O. Box 601
Cedarville, MI 49719
Phone (906)484-2011
Email goss@cedarville,net

Brian's knives were featured in Nov issue of Tactical Knives magazine. Lots of good pics in there.

R

Razorback-Knives

Both of those knives are nice. I really like the design of the second pic (the Paul Moore knife). I don't use a large knife like that very often. I prefer a 4 to 5 inch blade, but I do enjoy making them for those who want them. Thanks for sharing. :)
Scott

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE