...in summary

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 5, 2007
west midlands
...with our twentieth-century selves we have forgotten the importance of being truly and openly primitive. We have forgotten the art of our of legitimate beginnings. We no longer know how to close the gap between the far past and the immediate present in ourselves. We need primitive nature, the First Man in ourselves, it seems, as the lungs need air and the body food and water; yet we can only achieve it by a slinking often shameful, back-door entrance. I thought finally that of all the nostalgias that haunt the human heart the greatest of them all, for me, is an everlasting longing to bring what is youngest home to what is oldest, in us all.

Extract from 'The Lost World of the Kalhari'. Laurens van der Post[/FONT]

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Nope, I disagree.

In victorian times, to most people, the First Hunters were Robin Hood and his Merry Men...

We are more in touch with our primitive routes than ever, even if its though the second hand (but enlightening) view of science.

(says she who has always been a firm follower of Van der post)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE