ID on Small White Flower

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Hi All,

Anyone idea what this small flower is:

IMG_20140502_161642.jpg
IMG_20140502_161626.jpg

..? A friend and stopped near a motorway rounabout to verify that a large clump of plants we had spotted were indeed hemlock (they were) and saw this little fella nestling in the undergrowth. It's about 5-6 inches high with a drooping bell shaped flower with distinct black lines inside each petal. We couldn't ID on the spot and we've drawn a blank looking it up in our books.

Any clues much appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not a problem - I have a large patch of them in my herb bed thanks to kind members here - they are delicious btw

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got something similar amongst the bluebells, thought it was just a white variant but will have a closer look today

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
No, definitely a white bluebell. Thought these were supposed to be rare

null_zpsb9bc8727.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Rarer than the blue, but I have them and I have the pink ones too. They're sort of mixed through the woodlands around here.

I've just been out taking photos of them :) they're the theme for the photo competition this month. Don't think my shots have anything special enough to win, but it was fun trying :)

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE