Ice fishing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Would like to try that one day.

Can i ask what the bite indicator is? Is it a twitch, float etc?

jamin

Forager
Nov 27, 2006
lincoln
www.piczo.com
i did it in sweden in 2006 had a realy good day. we made our own rod out off broom handle and wire even made the spinner will find it out and take a picture.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Would like to try that one day.

Can i ask what the bite indicator is? Is it a twitch, float etc?

They are spring bobbers (is that what you call a twitch?). Either made out of wire, a coiled spring, or a combination of both. I haven't used a float in a long long time.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Like your pulk(?) what weight can you haul with it?

Don't know that there would be a limit other than how much you could put into it. You can easily haul 100 lbs with it though. More than enough for a solo overnight. I've used it to haul firewood.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I used to do a fair bit when I lived in Canada. We kept the rigs real simple with a baited hook or pickerel rig, weight and bobber. It usually took place in a shed on skids with a wood burning stove and some warming spirits if you were out for any length of time. I do miss it, thanks for sharing the pictures!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Yes. It will tell you if any fish are swimming below, the depth of the water, and how deep your jig is.

Possibly one of favourite pieces of technology. Whenever we go boat fishing I'm in the wheelhouse glued to the screen.
I don't go diving or anything and wanting to know what's under the water has always been a bee in my bonnet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE