I tested the F1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Conclusion:

This knife is below average imo. It doesn't do anything great except batoning. Some people will probably like it, but I don't. Perhaps if Fallkniven would change their geometry and make the handle a bit thicker, I would like it. Now I don't. I'd take a scandi or a BRKT over an F1 anytime.

Michiel

I've been using the F1 for about 8 years now, and despite owning many knives its still the first choice for me for bushcraft.
I like them that much I bought a second F1 when they changed to laminated VG10 a few years ago and gave my first F1 to a good friend
To say they are below average is a bit strong IMHO :cussing:

Some old pics but all work was done with the F1, a delight to use.

PICT0290.jpg

PICT0255.jpg

PHTO0075.jpg

Ladle1.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sandbag,

Heinnie Haynes due a few of them but there are hundreds of designs - there is a person on British Blades who ships worldwide if you ask over there

Bushblade,

I don't think michiel was "a bit strong" in the least - he actually said it was below average "in my opinion". In michiels opinion it is below average. Its an opinion I agree with. Its clearly an opinion you don't agree with, that okay too. Opinions are just that - one persons view.

In my opionion its a complete horror of a knife. Leon makes the point that you can make a good knife out of it if you change the profile and the handle. I'm sure you can but why should you have to?

Isn't that the joy of this forum - people reading these reviews can see a knife and decide that its clearly a tool that is a "love it or hate it" design and might decide to "try before they buy" as michiel did. Michiel saved himself some money by doing so which has to be a good thing surely?

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I am coming to the opinion that I need different knives for different jobs. I have Stuart Mitchell hollow and scandi grind knives - he's just taken an order for my design which has a convex (and that's all I'm saying, except it's D2).

When I go out for different things, I'll take a different knife.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
Sandbag,

Heinnie Haynes due a few of them but there are hundreds of designs - there is a person on British Blades who ships worldwide if you ask over there

Bushblade,

I don't think michiel was "a bit strong" in the least - he actually said it was below average "in my opinion". In michiels opinion it is below average. Its an opinion I agree with. Its clearly an opinion you don't agree with, that okay too. Opinions are just that - one persons view.

In my opionion its a complete horror of a knife. Leon makes the point that you can make a good knife out of it if you change the profile and the handle. I'm sure you can but why should you have to?

Isn't that the joy of this forum - people reading these reviews can see a knife and decide that its clearly a tool that is a "love it or hate it" design and might decide to "try before they buy" as michiel did. Michiel saved himself some money by doing so which has to be a good thing surely?

Red

Thanks for the defence Red :)

I first wanted to buy one (even contacted red for one:D )
Glad I didn't. The knife just doesn't work for me. If it works for you, then by all means use the hell out of it. Looks like you can make some great things with the F1. Keep up the good work!

Michiel

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Erm , what do bushcrafty blokes look like?

Just a little off thread, s o rry......

Normally dressen in olive green or camo, a tilly hat or some sort of head gear, dirty boots, knife hanging from the belt, axe close by, a torch somewhere on their person, pack pack on back, eyes red from wood smoke, and of course one hairless arm from testing the sharpness of their knife :D :D :D :D Missed anything?

S0.rry to take this off topic....ATB....Stu

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Bushblade,

Red
So its all ok then

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE