I finished this today....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

savantuk

Aug 31, 2005
Cumbria
Hi,

I got this one finished this morning.

A blade in the 'bushcrafter' style, by Linder Solingen.

The slabs are from very, very rare, and very beautiful English spalted beech. I spent 3 hrs on the phone searching for this wood, and I eventually got the only piece left from Stiles and Bates!! I only managed to get a small piece.

The slabs are backed with mahogany, and fixed with stainless steel Cluckow mosaic pins, with copper inlays. Lined lanyard hole.

Wat appears to be a 'dent' in the blade of the 1st pic, is an artifact of the camera. I include a close up at the bottom.

I have not fileworked this knife at all.... it's a user :D

Hope you like it :)

dscf00042gg.jpg

dscf00020hb.jpg

dscf00067eo.jpg

dscf00051kp.jpg

dscf00085cs.jpg

Doug

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
That's beautiful work Doug, and the wood is amazing, well worth the effort to track it down!

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Wow,that is very handsome.I wish i had the skills to make my own knives like that,would be great to learn.I guess you would need to learn one on one with a Knifesmith to really learn how to do it well.

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
That is a beautiful piece of work, I agree with Clem it would be great to be able to produce something similar! One day, when time and space permit.

Just out of interest, how much time is needed in the forging and similar processes? I ask because the fabricator I use at work has the equipment, and I may be able to use it sometime....

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
savantuk said:
The slabs are from very, very rare, and very beautiful English spalted beech. I spent 3 hrs on the phone searching for this wood, and I eventually got the only piece left from Stiles and Bates!! I only managed to get a small piece.

Beautiful piece of wood. Good job you got it right, it would have been mighty sickening if it had split.

Dazz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE