I dont trust C4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Safe to sigh on their online viewer?

(I dont trust the BBC either)

99b3e725a23a8e3a9d018b1fae0ec9ff.jpg

Stop using the internet and start using your intellect.

Reactions: Mesquite

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
A friend at work told me a bit about using gmail for multiple email addresses. I own I have not done it, but I found this video that talked about it, and other methods of creating addresses from which you can register for services without giving away your main email.

I have something like eight email addresses across four providers, plus the one I have from work, and I try to keep different functions separate, so one is regularly used for on-line shopping, but another couple are used exclusively for financial and government registration. I might cook up some more for registering for media, which seems to be all the rage now, everyone wants your data to use their service.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Suggest doing as the above poster has. Have several e-mail address's, 1 for official use with banks, government etc, 1 for just generic things online that you don't care about etc. I have 3 e-mail address's and one of them is a paid for service which actually allows for you to add temporary e-mail address's to it for when you visit those sites which need an e-mail confirmation as a one off.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
You can do the same with hotmail through outlook.com. One master account will give you up to ten alias accounts that can either stand alone or be linked back to your master account so incoming Mail goes to your inbox. If you use a random name generator for your email addresses it is unlikely that a spammer will discover them by chance meaning that you will know which email address has been sold on and by whom. Any compromised email address can be isolated or deleted. I used to use these years ago when I wanted multiple accounts for gaming.

Reactions: C_Claycomb

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Many of these multi-address sites now ask you for a phone number or an alternative email, supposedly to protect yourself, its more like they know what you are doing, so if you set yourself up with an extra email address, get two and use each alternative for what they ask for, nothing is secret anymore, it was much easier when you could use smoke signals, but there are too many smokeless zones now, and the messages get lost in the wind, never happens on tinternet though does it.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
'The sleep of reason produces monsters.'

I've never been asked for a phone number to set up a web-based email.
Never.
Go set up a hotmail one. Go set up a gmail one. Go set up a yahoo one.
And so on.
Are you saying they are all talking to each other, plotting to stitch you up and keep your details safe for the day the black helicopters come?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Ha, who needs to bother with the expense (not to mention cliché burden) of black helicopters when people are all tracked by their mobile phones, post all about themselves on Twitter and Facebook, post videos of themselves, and have "smart" devices eavesdropping on them in their homes?
:borg2:

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Many of these multi-address sites now ask you for a phone number or an alternative email, supposedly to protect yourself, its more like they know what you are doing, so if you set yourself up with an extra email address, get two and use each alternative for what they ask for, nothing is secret anymore, it was much easier when you could use smoke signals, but there are too many smokeless zones now, and the messages get lost in the wind, never happens on tinternet though does it.

So, to go with your multiple email addresses, it's also wise to have multiple mobile phones and multiple numbers!

The issue with that is that sometimes when buying a sim card they ask you for your address, which is why it's also important to have multiple addresses...

...multiple personalities is also handy, that way you can always throw one of yourself under the bus to save the others...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE