i can make fire!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Well done troyka! After the first time it gets alot easier and you'll be lighting fires all over the place :)

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I have just completed a Woodlander course with Woodsmoke (first class course) i too made fire....friction with a bow, fire steel and 'one match with feathersticks. The feeling after making fire by friction is like no other. If you think birch bark is good try some juniper bark, when roughed up and dry its like the inside of a birds nest..also did you know that the Roan tree bark has some kind of oil in it? Once lit it burns like a candle and gives of a black oily smoke.

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
troyka
I take it you are a Youth worker in the Somerset area?
If so are you going to the county run survival weekend on the 25th ? I will be there with some bow and hand drill sets if you want a demo and some hands on?

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
peds8045 said:
I have just completed a Woodlander course with Woodsmoke (first class course) i too made fire....friction with a bow, fire steel and 'one match with feathersticks. The feeling after making fire by friction is like no other. If you think birch bark is good try some juniper bark, when roughed up and dry its like the inside of a birds nest..also did you know that the Roan tree bark has some kind of oil in it? Once lit it burns like a candle and gives of a black oily smoke.
Useful info about the bark, peds. Thankya very much. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE