Hunter on the land

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
2514202188_c84f5e7973_o.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lots of luck in the hunt - they are beautiful little birds - here's a couple more from today that may help you identify

The brown and blue grey can be seen clearly in this "headless" shot

2514506764_c3746817f2_o.jpg

He was headless because of the classic "hover and head down stare" posture holding him still in the air

2514506002_f19dde2e8e_o.jpg

Good luck!

Red

Gailainne

Life Member
I never knew that, thanks.

It isn't a bird that I've seen in Scotland, apparently they can be found over here so perhaps I'll have more luck now.

I'm surprised you've never seen them here, its one of the most common birds you'll see on the motorways, other than the usual, crows etc, although there are more and more Buzzards appearing.

Did'nt know about the colour difference tho, cheers for that Red.

Edit Red what lense are you using for these photos , I know you have a canon, is it the 100-400 zoom ?

Stephen

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I've lost count of the number of times I've almost had a crash on my way home from work watching one of these work. Beautiful creatures.

I wish I could take a pic like that.

Nice one Red.

The other distinguishing feature of the male is the black band on the tail. The kestrel is one of my favourite raptors. Fabulously delicate birds when you see them up close.

Their Latin name is Falco tinnunculus - which means "little bell ringer".

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE