Hows the wind damage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
our fence got blown down and a 30 ft metal chimney nearly hiy my dad as it fell down
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes where my dad works the slate roof tiles were flying off, i saw on the news that 7 people have been killed today
leon

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
Bit of felt of the flat roof on our extension pain that will be fence is rocky as well next door has one of those weather stations wind speed 50 mph in london think it was 90+ of the iow and 70+ inshore Sad tho a number of people been killed .

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Killed? That's terrible.

[edit]Sorry to go OT on my own thread, but I see you got your bushcraft blog back and running leon. Good stuff![/edit]

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
In my 25 mile journey home today. I saw 15-20 trees down, they were all small or dead standing. That was all along an A road mind. Neighbours have lost a few slates and the doors of my shed have GONE.

All safe though, have to think of the families of those who were killed today, especially that little lad a wall fell on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6272193.stm

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
It really sounds terrible further south. We have 3 inches of snow here and the wind was quite high. However, nothing like you guys in the south. :(

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Just finished adding a blue tarp to waterproof my workshop roof! and have a couple of fence panels to replace on the weekend

though in the grand scheme of things I have got off light! :eek:

andy_pevy

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2006
Sandhurst
My next door neighbour lost her entire chimney.
Luckily her car, which is normally parked where it fell was in for a service so it was spared.

Lots of fence panels laying in the road on the way back from the salt mine. I left early because the power was up and down it was not worth trying to do any work ;)

Andy

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
A roof tile lost, a few more loose, and a fence panel down. Oh, and the bird table fell over.

But fortunately that's it, so again we got off fairly lightly considering. The train journey home was slow, though.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
lost a couple of fence panels and our gate and opposite neighbours' green house pretty much exploded. good job my car wasn't in the car park at the time as all the roof panes landed in the car park.

But pretty light compared to the damage elsewhere.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
a good few rows of tiles gone, front porch damaged, lots of timber to be sectioned for logs and all the refigerator and freezer lost (lots of game *********)
been on to the insurance firm for ages power has just come back on after 24hrs but dogs and us are well hope it doesnt rain. Got the stoves and lanterns out and brewed up and fed and washed last night and this morning luckily off work today!!!!

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Seems like we got off lightly, compared with some. Lost a couple of fence panels - well technnically our neighbour did as it's her fence so she'll be paying.

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
Thurs 18 Jan PM. Many trees went over in Savernake Forest. Two A roads closed for several hours whilst fallen trees (large) were cleared. A lot of minor roads blocked. Wind blown debris common on all roads.

At home the house was OK but significant damage to outbuildings. I've just finished making them secure - not much chance of doing anything else this weekiend.

Hope no one on the forum was hurt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE