Hootchie ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Been using a British army basha for a couple of years (the one that can be used as a stretcher).
It very strong and a good size but I'd like to know about the Australian Hootchie.
The loop's along the ridge look better for adjustment but are they better ?
Is it worth changing and where do i get one / how much ?
Also might be time to go Green rather than DPM ,i don't mind it but others seem to have an objection.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
grumit said:
hi rb i have both the dpm and the ausie and to be honest think they are as good as each other but the hootchie will pack smaller and is lighter
http://www.survivalschool.co.uk/Shop2005.htm hope that helps

"using the 16 side loops and the single centre loop."
Is this the one Mears use's - i thought his had aseveral loops along the centre ?

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
nope the one ray use's is different that was just a link to some green ones i had found there is either 4 or 5 loops across the top of the one ray uses and they have press studs down the side's so you could join two or more together

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I don't think there's enough difference in them in any respect to make doing away with one which is servicable in favour of the other justifiable. Apart from just wanting something new of course which is often justification in itself. :D

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
rb, I think your right, the mears one appears to have 5 central loops, including the end ones. I've got the same DPM one as you and the Aussie one, they are both very good but as Grumit said the Aussie one packs smaller but from memory they are about the same size.

Brian

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
A mate asked me to sell him mine and i was wondering if i had anything to gain by trying the other type.
If i was changing i'd get a green one simply because it's better for using in camp site's etc but my own has been great so far and im not that interested in selling it.

Cheers

charliefox

Forager
May 16, 2005
County Durham
I've got one by SASS of Lancaster - 5 central loops and God knows how many loops and press studs down each side. It's OD and about half the cost of a new Hootchie.

very lightweight but the material is slippy as hell. Makes it fun to pack in the rain!

Excellent piece of kit, though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE