Hooped bivvy bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Anyone know where I could get a cheap hooped bivvy bag with a mosi net? I have seen a Terra Nova one but it's £230 and that's loads more than i'm willing to spend.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Joe

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Some seem to go on eBay judging from the links posted here at times ...

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I ended up with two (don't get excited I have sold the spare now) from Ebay as they were ending at about the same time. The secret to getting a cheap one is to do searches on all the spelling, Bivi, Bivvi, Bivy, Bivvy etc. The ones with less popular spelling inevitably go for much less.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
No, that's not right:

"SAS camo super survival GI Joe action man british army german army bivvy bivy bivvi bivi bag" :eek:):

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Joe, Do you want it long term or just for one trip?

I've got a triple hooped gortex bivvi (as you know from Ashdown where I brought it along and didn't even get it out of it's bag!)....

I only ask as if it's just for one weekend trip then you're more than welcome to borrow mine Mate. Or just borrow mine to try before you buy if you want one long term?

Offers there if you want it....

Phil.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
have a look for ECOTAT a US Army goretex hooped bivi with also serves as, poncho, great coat, jacket, tarp, standard bivi bag, sleepingbag cover, jungle shelter, fixes to another to make a 3 person shelter, you can get a liner to fit in it, best thing since sliced bread ect, ect.

i've seen some for as little as $50!

i think available in woodland camo, desert camo, green and airforce blue. there are also civilian versions.

not widley issued but worth a look.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
i've seen some for as little as $50!

Blimey Mate....where did you see them at that price? ? ? :yikes: I've only ever seen the complete kit for about $200 to $300!!!!!
Looks liek my bargin hunting skills need honning!!!! lol :p

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Cool link thanks....

Just to show I'm not a nutter...I dug out the links to the stupidly expensive sleeping systems I thought you were talking about:

https://secure9.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?CS=useg&RowID=412&All=

https://secure9.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?CS=useg&RowID=58&All=

https://secure9.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?CS=useg&RowID=797&All=

The last one isn't too bad at about $90 :lol:

EDIT: Those links don't seem to work....hang on....

OK, here's the link to the main page:

http://www.us-elitegear.com/

Then click "Online shop", then down to "Field Gear" and they have the USMC one in the and a few others. In the"Sleeping Gear" section they have a cheaper one....the USMC oen is over $1000 !!!!!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Good find hootchi :biggthump

I'm still very much in the market for one but i'm also going to the outdoors show at the NEC in March and I need to get a tent for Eloise and I to use at the next Ashdown meet...

She'd be mildly ticked off if I stuck her in my tiny little tent and slept in the bivi bag :wink:

I'm going to keep an eye on this one though and see where it goes and I might tey and sneak one in to the house in late March.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I forget who it was but someone here mentioned that they had a Carinthian Observer hooped bivi which they highly rated.Did a bit of a search and the post seems to have disapeared.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE