Home Made Canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Does anyone know where I can find some plans and instructions on building your own canoe?
I remember seeing some for using ply, but wondered if there were any for making a canvass canoe (sure I remember seeing them somewhere) or using any other materials.
Cheers.

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
Check out Song of the paddles DIY sections, there are links to plans online, and there is one that if you register, they send you a printable PDF !!!!

Chris

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
If you're asking how to build a wood and canvas canoe then the books from Jerry Stelmok should help you to build one, particularly "the maine guide canoe" and "The Wood & Canvas Canoe". These books are worth their price in gold if you eventually would decide to build one as they not only contain plans but also go step by step trough the whole building proces giving tips that could save you a lot of trouble. I am currently working on the sixth canoe I've worked on, one I've built in a course with several people, two together with my partner, and 3 alone, and even now I still find things in those books which I didn't know about and which help me to make better canoes.

The first canoe me and my partner built together

For a nice picture book the book about Joe Seliga is very nice.

If you eventually build a wood and canvas canoe you can ask me for advice if you have any trouble.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE