Hollow brass rod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Soloman, I've been using brass rods to make lanyard holes for firesteels. In the US they are sold in different lengths and diameters specifically for hobbyists. I found mine cheapest at Grainger, a "small business supply store" chain. They described them as being "Seamless For Plumbing, HVAC And Automotive." The Interenet showed me many other buying options so I'm confident that if you look around you can find them.

Make certain that the diameter measurement they give you is for the outer diameter. You want it to match the hole you drill.

- Woodsorrel

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sometimes the wall thickness of the stuff in model shops is too thin. In recent years B&Q and Wickes have started carrying metal tubes, rods and sections in brass, steel, aluminium and plastic. They are metric sizes and the tube walls are generally good.
Another source that I have been very happy with, mail order, is Mallard Metals: http://www.mallardmetals.co.uk/products_and_services.htm

They also carry good free machining stainless steel tubing and I have used both the 1/4" and 8mm tube with good results, not to mention having a lot of other materials and shapes that B&Q will not have.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE