Hobo fishing kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Have u tryed it yet Andy , i got one aswell of the same seller , looking forward to giving it a go ...

not yet mate just got it a week ago and the cars off the road till tuesday but can't wait and looking at videos on you tube using similar things i have high hopes :)

would be ideal up on the lochs of scotland after some wild brown trout ,you'll have to put up a report when you try it

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
That would be illegal, only place you can use handlines in uk waters is the sea. no inland waters.

yeah seen a few arguments online about is it/isn't it (something i don't want to argu about)and also seen posts about people on forums using them on canadian canoes in scotland

i know we should n't condone anything illegal but i have a rod liscence,pay for my fishing,
also people still go out poaching with air rifles,catapults,ferrets,dogs etc for something for the pot
these ancient laws were brought in by the rich against the poor man which in my opinion are wrong
also i bet the majority of people on here wild camp in woods without permission which in england/wales and ireland and drive over the speed limit at least once it is all illegal
sometimes rules have to be bent :)

but its just my opinion and counts for little ;)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Hang on people, just because you don't agree with a rule doesn't mean you're exempt from it
Rules is rules and you're talking of breaking not bending them.
Doesn't matter how you justify it, it's still illegal.

Handlines are of interest to bushcrafters from an interest point of view but please bear in mind that they cannot be used on inland water in the UK
I don't want to lock this thread out of respect for the OP, but if we have have to....

Thanks everyone

Mark

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Different sizes for different types of fishing? Could you give me any examples? Thanks

The ones i've seen are quite large - but i'd be interested in a pocket sized one - I was just suggesting the maker make a few in diffrent sizes

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Just fashioned this one with my saw, axe & knife - perfectly feasible in the field. The only power tool was the drill to hollow out the middle for some kit, and the most fiddly part was the plug for said hole. Hope you like (much cheaper than anything else, and satisfying to have made). Was thinking about doing a tutorial post of anyone is interested. Just got to finnish it off with some linseed oil and get the fishing line on.

DSC_1077.jpg

Didn't know hand lines were illeagal on inland water, thats a bit of a bummer especially as I just purchased a rod license to test this bad boy out. Will have to resort to my telescopic "pen" rod

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Haven't actually used the pen rod yet, only just got the rod license and not had it out and about when Ive been anywhere near some water for a spot of poaching, which I would of course never partake in :nono:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE