High calorie food powder

May 16, 2011
Perth
Hey, iv just been in the kitchen trying to make some light weight food for a few nights in the woods thought id share.

cant be 100% accurate of everything because my scales are broken but ill update everything when i get new ones

i used

a cup of instant oats aprox 200 cal
1 table spoon of powdered milk with added vitamin A and D aprox 50 cal
1 table spoon of glucose powder with added vitamin C aprox 50 cal
83g of mass gainer protein shake Chocolate aprox 305 cal

protein shake has 24g of protein and 47g of carbohydrate

just need to add hot water and mix it in.
i got the glucose powder for holland and barrets for about £1 for a big box and protein shake is quite expensive but the tub is 1 kg so will last ages (cant stomach the stuff on its own)

it actually tastes quite nice and for about 600calories per serving i think it will do the job, i am going to try just eating just this for a day or two just to see how well the stomach will handle it.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That sounds like my kind of breaky, in fact I was eating pretty the same thing last weekend

Mountain Trails chocolate and almond porridge is just the best ever

May 16, 2011
Perth
sound ok. Why not try doing a savoury version? I find when really hungry that I need something savoury

I was thinking that just have to rake around for things to use.

That sounds like my kind of breaky, in fact I was eating pretty the same thing last weekend

Mountain Trails chocolate and almond porridge is just the best ever

i was going to put ground almonds in but SWMBO would have kicked my teeth in for using her baking stuff

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I had a weekend away recently and my breakfasts and suppers were both instant oat porridge of one sort or another. Breakfast:sweet with dried milk & sugar. Just add boiling water, a good stir and by the time its cool enough to eat it has thickened up nicely. These days I have my 1st coffee and porridge before I get out of the bag, then when I do I'm already nice and warm. One supper was onion, garlic, carrot, & chorizo, all chopped up as small as I could manage then put in pot with half a pint of cold water. Bring to boil and boil hard for 5 to 7 minutes. Take off heat and stir in 2oz of instant oats. 2nd day supper was pretty much the same but with 2oz of cheese cut up small added a couple of minutes before the oats. Had butties at lunchtimes and regular helpings of flapjack in between.

May 16, 2011
Perth
that's the sort of stuff Im only going to eat when Im in a home dribbling all day and cant stop the nurse spoon feeding it as I stare at day time TV

hey i would bring a Michelin star chef with me every time i go to the woods but i don't think he would fit in my bag im already close to needing a few Sherpa's to carry my kit so i don't think huge stakes is an option

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
No, this food is not good, plain not nice, sort of stuff body builders eat just before their mate fills a buttock with steroids.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
They said the same about battered Mars bars :) Try it mate next time you're having some spuds at home

I will give it a try then, how much choc powder do you put in ,or do you just add to taste

Ps not tried battered mars bars either ,not for me

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE