Hi from from a new one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elder

Jan 20, 2007
Hastings
Greetings to all.

Interesting site and community. Hoping to learn a lot here. Any oldun's out there?

Name's after the bush by the way.

Elder

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello Elder :) and welcome to BcUK.
Probably the best way to be part of the community is to join in with the converations.

Somewhere there's a poll of the age range of members, it's a classic bell curve peaking somewhere around the thirties, but there's a fair number of older folks around too.

cheers,
Toddy

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Welcome aboard Elder. There's a lot of experience around here and it is great to attend a meet and discover that there are usually older people there. Age has not been an issue wherever I have been.
Having fun, talking to people and learning from them is the norm.
Pull your log a little closer to the fire and tell us about yourself.
George:)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you Elder, you've no doubt noticed that the members are fantastic and it's a great community, best thing to do is get stuck in.

Thanks for letting us know you're around, enjoy the site and if you have any questions ask away :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Elder welcome to the site

You`ll have to tell us a little about yourself and what floats your boat (or canoe)

Rich

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Welcome to the forum Elder. I've only been posting for a few weeks now myself and everyone od really welcoming and helpfull. I suggest that you spend some time using the search facility of the forum; maybe you have skills that the rest of us can learn from as well?

Toddy - bell curve peaking in the 30's; Hmm, what does that tell us?

Elder - Remember, you're only as old as you feel!

Chris

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Toddy - bell curve peaking in the 30's; Hmm, what does that tell us?

Chris

That it kind of accurately echoes the population demographics.......means we're all normal :D

Actually, it might just reflect the need for thirty somethings to be seen to be active, or that they are the ones with time on the computer, or...........
I like statistics, but I hate seeing them badly presented and misused.

S orry Elder, rather hijacked your thread here. :eek: Why do you wonder about old'uns? I'm the other side of the bell curve myself, 49 in August past. I largely accept the mind and matter analogy of age, "If you don't mind, it don't matter." :D the aching bones sometimes disagree though :rolleyes:
Or are those not The Oldun's you mean?

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE