Hi all.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 28, 2007
NorthWest, England.
Hello to everyone,

Quick intro, I am 39 and come from Manchester.

Been into outdoor stuff on and off throughout my life, fishing and shooting as a boy.
Lots of camping, hill/mountain walking in my twenties and a few over night stays on the
tops of mountains in wales which I loved.

Not done anything like that for many years now because woman and kids came along
and everything's become FAMILY motivated, nothing wrong with that you may say! and I
would wholeheartedly agree with you.

My son of 9yrs has even torn himself away from the dreaded PlayStation to come on
a couple of walks with me in the peaks, so there maybe a glimmer of hope yet.

Anyway you can probably tell by now that a revolt and a solid new years res is about
to happen in my household.

So with the help of this new found website and all the goodly members on here to advise, on the best places to go and kit I will need for a few days/nights of outdoor bush craft I hope 2008 could be looking good already.

I have got loads of outdoor/camping gear that I've collected over the years so hopefully
it will come in useful if not there's always eBay.

I don't have stuff like a good knife, tarp, hammock, bivi bag, quality rucksack, folding saw etc or the knowledge to use such gear but with time, patience and practice who knows?.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A warm welcome to you Jeff.... it sounds like you are going to fit in right at home here :) ... Any questions you have please feel free to ask away on the forum as we have quite a few knowlegable folk on hear who can point you in the right direction.

:D
Ed

Dec 28, 2007
NorthWest, England.
Thanks for the friendly welcomes.

Just come back on after running the kids about here there and everywhere.

Going to sit back with a beer and spend a few hours looking around on here and start
thinking/planning my first bushcraft weekend, hopefully early spring 2008.

Thanks again,
Jeff.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Welcome to BCUK Jeff, I hope the New Year brings everything you want.
Anyway enjoy the site, get stuck into the forums and you may even want to spend your first w/end away bushcrafting it with members of this site from up your way! I'm sure they will welcome you along and give you all the advice you need.
Good to have you joining us.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE