Hex3 or Acto

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I had a Shangri-La and sold it on after the first night, i hated it - really hated it.
It might not suffer from condensation more than any other single skin tent but you have to bloody rub up against it getting the door open.
The pole was across my back or stomach no matter what way i tried to sleep in it.
I'd rather use a tarp and bivi.

I own a Hilleberg Nallo and if i wanted a smaller lighter tent i'd look at the Akto or the Saulo.
The Hilleberg tents are very well made, much better quality than the golites but at a price.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I eventually managed to check out the Shangri La 3 at The Outdoor Warehouse in Windermere this weekend, ( a BIG thank you to Charlie there who was just incredible helpful and charming without any pressure to buy – he was just very, very helpful and really went out of his way – usual caveats no connection etc), loved the tent but I’m not sure it’s for me, I don’t think I’d really fit in it unless it was hung from a tree, and having thought about it, how often can you really do that on a camp site where I do most of my camping. So my hunt goes on – bit cheesed off really :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE