Hennessy hammock on wiltshire plain's?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
.... .. I have been thinking about getting one of those nice looking Hennessy hammock's, fly &
snakeskin to replace my tent when my better half is away. Only thing is, just how eazy is it
to carry your own tree trunks to attach it too? in a area where there are on tree's.No seriously

now !
The question I have been asking myself is how can I put it up with no tree's around,I hear you say poles. But which type! and what are the (min.)size poles you would need & how much guide rope/tent pegs?.
And where are the best place's to buy this?

They do look very good & I hear good reports of them (looks & preformance) and I am sorely tempted, what
with the up/down time to add. OOps got one in the mail now.... ..

Any thoughts?

At last it got here, the last five days wait seemed to take awhile.
Expedition A-sym got here in about six days thats with time to clear the check from RVOps and the staff are very friendly /helpful.Arrived just in time for the heavy rain outside.
VDU on how to: http://www.hennessyhammock.com/hhvideo/fset2.html.
Now any one got any idea of how to use it in the open?:confused:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Having tried using the hennessy Expedition Asym on the ground I can only say that it was a less than satisfactory experiment. Fortunately I was only experimenting!

At the least you need to be carrying extra guy lines and an extra 4 pegs. I was not able to get it pitched low enough for there to be no load transfered to the poles/guys when I got in. Too low and the mosi net sags. I suppose that it might have insect protection as an advantage to using the hammock, but I would be inclined to just string the rain fly as a basha.

I have just recieved a hex fly to play with. I have been told that it makes a much better basha/tarp in a pinch, and from its sheer size I can believe it.

If you DO work out a practical way of using it on the ground, take lots of pictures and let us all in on the secret :D

Just bumped in to this portable? DIY hamaca stand. http://www.hammocks.com/hammock-stands/wood-stands/products.cfm?action=view&key=AC003
Thats got the brain wondering again......
63.gif
"If only there were more trees."!.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE