Hennessey Hammocks !! Piece of cake !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
As this thread has been re-erected(sic) I have the cheaper Hex and still hang my bag off line looped round one of the support trees. Also trolling the interweb and hammockforum I discovered a way of dealing with boots which is to tie them over the inner tension cord when sitting in the hammock then pop them to the end of the hammock closing the floor around them. Simples! I shall try this next time out as it avoids (sharp) sticks adjacent to the Hammock for putting the boots over.
alan

Mar 2, 2010
Dumfries & Galloway
I know how you feel, took me a wee while to build up the courage too :) but it really was very simple, I got mine from Opie on the hammock forums website, he was very helpful and there is a great step by step video on his website, the whole thing took about 10 mins :)

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
[video=youtube;OwzZTeAE3yc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwzZTeAE3yc[/video]

hope this helps all you hennessy users! ive done a mini series on this. i use mine for about 6 months of the year straight for work! love it!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
thank you. going to do one shortly about gear storage as that seems to be a big question for a lot of people. was out hanging this weekend and filmed the odd bits and pieces.

Storage isn't a problem for me, if it's dry, the rucksack goes under the hammock, if it's wet or in environments where scorpions, spiders and other hazards are a problem, I sling my rucksack under the hammock at the foot end via a karibiner.

You should start your own thread with hammock tips and tricks.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
thank you. going to do one shortly about gear storage as that seems to be a big question for a lot of people. was out hanging this weekend and filmed the odd bits and pieces.

I use a cheap string hammock suspended between my tarp and the hammock.

Canoe_Camp.jpg

It stays dry and out of the way but I can still reach it if I need anything in the night.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Storage isn't a problem for me, if it's dry, the rucksack goes under the hammock, if it's wet or in environments where scorpions, spiders and other hazards are a problem, I sling my rucksack under the hammock at the foot end via a karibiner.

You should start your own thread with hammock tips and tricks.

thanks for the advice... i will do just that!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE