Hen Pheasants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hello..............Can anyone tell me if a couple of hen pheasants would be any good to use by the 6th of january. They were shot a couple of days ago and I am thinking of taking them to the Southern meet on the 6th of jan, is this too long to keep them or not...............Jon

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
As long as their kept cold thay should be alright. Generally hang mine for 10-14 days.
Like wortbag says you could always put them in the freezer, but if their still in feather put them in carrier bags first.

Mark

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Thanks guys........The pheasants are not in my posession at the mo and the freezer is full. I think I will go and get them and hang them in the shed until the meet and hope they will be ok..............Jon

T

TimB

I'm beating on the 31st and should be able to get a couple of braces for the southern meet up too. Looks like were going to eat well that weekend! :O)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
As long as you hang them in a cool place, preferably where the temp doesn't move too much during the day they should be fine for 2 weeks, more if you want.

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE