Help to ID a primus stove please

• Thread starter Deleted member 56886
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted member 56886

Don't bother with diesel. It will burn but it is messy and designed as a last resort.

Paraffin in as cheap and much cleaner
Paraffin is what I just bought
56fbe965e20a2318c72584071aa9a36f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I've just started reading the manual that JB101 kingly sent me.

Seems there is a Himalaya multifuel (MFS) that burns gas and liquid fuels, and there is the Himalaya varifuel (LFS) that burns only liquid fuel.

Upon close inspection I believe what I have acquired is the Varifuel version, which is perfect for me, as it is a liquid fuel stove I wanted to run on diesel, but I might try paraffin first.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
Unless the stove is marketed as a diesel burner I would never use that fuel in a multifuel stove unless there is no other option. Priming will be an absolute nightmare and simmering will be very hard to maintain. Due to the very high-temperature need to keep and sustain the vaporisation point of the fuel. Stick to Paraffin or kero or 28 second heating oil and a good meths prime first. If you prime with paraffin you'll have very blackened pots to clean every time.

ATB

Si

D

Deleted member 56886

I did prime for a first burn yesterday with the paraffin, but will be doing a boil test later using meths as a pre heat, did have a load of hand gel, but as usual, when I want something I can't find it.

Yesterday's burn test:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE