Help Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

I have really started to get into my leather work and have recently saved up for a few tools and im just about to finish a new folding knife sheath and a new sheath for my old faithfull gerber :eek:

The reason im after a little help is i have gone and ordered the wrong thing from "le prevo" (lovely people and a pleasure to deal with btw ;) I wanted the little brass things that clip the flap to the pouch, a press stud i think :confused: But instead i got rivets that permanently attach leather together :rolleyes: and totaly except the blame :eek:

So does anyone have 2 or 3 spare they would like to swap for rivets or what ever else i can find lying around or a few quid over payal ?:sadwavey: I would call le prevo but their minimum order is £10 + and i have only just ordered....badly... lol

Thanks all and no worries if they are a little short on the ground :)

PS not sure if this is swap or help or.. so admins please move if necasary cheers :)

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Just had a look through but I've only got Sam Browne studs left at the moment.

If you get no luck before the end of the week let me know. I'm putting in an order so I'll get you some press studs.

Mike

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just had a look through but I've only got Sam Browne studs left at the moment.

If you get no luck before the end of the week let me know. I'm putting in an order so I'll get you some press studs.

Mike

Very kind of you and if there are none about at the min ill be very happy to take you up on your offer.

Cheers again.

Leon.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Dwardo, What size pop studs do you need fella ? I can let you have 2 or 3 of them and I'll post instructions as to the best way to fit them if you don't have the proper setting tool for them too.

I have them with heads that are.. 15mm diameter, (not very many of those at the moment but could let you have a couple) and 12mm diameter ( gazillions of them so could let you have 3 or 4 if you need them)
I do have some little ones with 7mm heads but I don't think the shaft on them is long enough to go through decent leather and they are of a different design to the others and I've not yet worked out the best way to fit them either.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Mate,
you could try a local sewing shop. i just bought another batch of press studs, about 8mm diameter with a steel finish for about £3.
More than happy to let you have some inc the bits they supply to fit them.
Pm me if you're interested
Baggins

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks to the both of you :eek:

I would prefer the12mm diameter from Longstrider but thnks for the offer baggins its very kind and i will check out a few sewing shops over the weekend ;)

PM sent Lonstrider and thanks again..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE