HELP NEEDED! Laser measurement of badgers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
Hirrooo, I think I know hwere this is leading- excellent news for us zemmiphobists. As much as I love bushcraft, the thought of spending the night, alone and unprotected, with on of THEM bearing down on me. Makes me shudder.

Incidently, please PM me if you wish to view my previous data I recorded using Jack rabbits in the Sonoran desert so there would be less interference with trees. They hit the sort of velocities you might be interested in. I'd be fascinated to know how you calibrated your equipment to fiter out the foliage- did you use a Callaghan gain loop, or simply retune the laser parameters?

Good luck with the badgers- impotant work indeed. Big thump! :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
Hirrooo, I think I know hwere this is leading- excellent news for us zemmiphobists. As much as I love bushcraft, the thought of spending the night, alone and unprotected, with one of THEM bearing down on me, is unbearable. Makes me shudder just to think of it.

Incidently, please PM me if you wish to view my previous data I recorded using Jack Rabbits in the Sonoran desert (so there would be less interference with trees). They hit the sort of velocities you might be interested in. I'd be fascinated to know how you calibrated your equipment to fiter out the foliage- did you use a Callaghan gain loop, or simply retune the laser parameters?

Good luck with the badgers- impotant work indeed. Big thump! :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

hiroo onoda

Jan 12, 2007
cornwall
Splendid. I'm sure you're not the only zemmiphobist out there. Obviously the badger is just one of the many nocturnal mammals that i have studied, as zemmiphobists do not fear badgers, i have included it so as to exclude them from triggering the alert mode of the system.

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
Hirrooo, shouldn't tease about the rabbit data. Sounds like you're on the verge of a breakthrough for us zemmiphobists- really glad you're taking the time to factor out other 'critters', as i've experimented with motion sensors before. After spending a terrible nights sleep being woken up by the system alarming on every nocturnal animal, I almost wanted to take my chances against THEM...... but not quite!

Anyway, good luck, I'm following this with real interest. Oh and sorry about the rabbit spoof..... it was land squirrells, anyway!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE