Hello!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sgt Sim

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2007
Edinburgh
My name is Mikael Simonsson and I am a new member! I found this site when surfing the internet one night and beeing bored, mainly beacuse I have not been able to do some Bushcrafting for some time!

I am originally swedish, but have been living and working in the British Isles for one and a half year, first in the Republic of Ireland and later in Northern Ireland. I have since April this year picked up residence in Edinburgh, Scotland, but I am still working in Northern Ireland, due to the occupation that I have.

I have always been interested in the outdoors and I guess that it all started with my now late grandfather and my father (how luckily is still alive) took me and my younger brother around our forrests and lands in the County of Dalarna and basically told us to do what ever we wanted... I use to fish a lot as a child, learned to skii at roughly the ame time I learned to walk and got my first knife at the age of six. Much of my now core knowledge of the forrest and its inhabitants came from my grandfather and my father during the summers of my childhood. When I became a teenager I joined the Swedish federation for volountary defence education and training youth (the swedish equviliant of the British ACF) at the age of 15 and by then I was defently hooked on bushcraft and survival. I undertook a number of youth courses in survival and also did quite a bit of it during my compulsary military service. After that I was released in 2000, I was offered a job as a Pluton Staff Sergeant and spend the next year as a proffessional solider and instructor before I was discarged in 2001 due to budget downcuts. I stayed however with the feredation for volountary defence education and training and have undergone supplemental training in survival through them. I have also served as a instructor and headmaster for Swedish federation for volountary defence education and training youth where I have been given the oppurtunity to teatch young people about survival, bushcraft and respect of Mother Nature. In 2003 I when for a Masters in Medieval Archaeology and managed to do some experimental archaeology and ancient technology as a part of my Masters. Today I am working as a Project Supervisor for Headland Archaeology, a commercial archaeology unit based in Edinburgh. What is so great with my knowledge in bushcraft and survival is that I am able to use it in my work, since I have used some of the techqunics applyed by early man and used some of the features that they left after them, I have found my self saying: "I think I know what that is, I have used it my self..."
My interest in bushcraft is therefor against ancient technology and military survival skills. I also have a bizzare interest in arctic and sub- artic survival (to bizzare to be good for my according to my girlfriend..).
The only thing that lack for the moment is be able to do it, but, that is why I decided to join here!
OK, this might have been far to long for a presentation.. I do applogize to any reader how got this far without falling asleep... Anyhow, I am glad that I foudn this web- page and this community, beacuse my fingers itch!!

Sgt Sim

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2007
Edinburgh
OzaawaaMigiziNini said:
Welcome to the family Sgt!

Now you're in, you can never get out!!! :D

Hmmm... Where have I heard that before.... O yes, I remebre now... Suites me fine! Not planning on leaving in any way! Hehehehe!

Sgt Sim

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2007
Edinburgh
Thank again! I would not say that I am the most experienced person in the world but I have been blessed with the possibilitys to do some stuff, but i defently is tirsty for more!!

Rich59: I am up for it! Just name a time, place, what we will be doing and I am on my way! Just give my some time to collect some stuff in sweden first, so whenever after the 28 of May will be fine... :D

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Welcome Sgt Sim - you will have a fantastic time here. This place is pretty
amazing because of the breadth of interests represented and there is a very
nice community of people with vast amounts of knowledge to share :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE