Hello to all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smith

Jun 16, 2007
A big hello to everyone at bushcraftuk :)
My names Tom, im 20 years old and from Nottingham (aka Shottingham).
I've been lurking in the forums for a couple of weeks, seems like a great community, full of nice people who share a genuine love for the outdoors. Thought i'd join in the fun. I am pretty much new to the idea of bushcraft, always loved spending time outdoors, camping and making a good fire, but i'd love to learn how to do alot of the skills shown on this site, the whole idea is very appealing to me, i am going to start getting myself some kit and start trying them out for myself, im considering coming on the summer bushmoot 2007 but feel i might be a bit unprepared? What kit would i need? and would a 20 year old newbe be welcome?

Big thanks to whoever set this site up, its fantastic, and looking forward to the banter of the forums, and learning some new skills.

Peace Smith

S

shaunmcdonald

Hi smith and welcome

I am sure you will have already seen how good the community is here at BCUK and it doesnt change at all at the meet ups/moots the only meet we have been to was the last delemere one and everyone made me and the familly feel really welcome no matter what set up you have.

You would need at least the basic camping equipment as you need to provide your own accomodation and food.

Think you should make it if you can

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Welcome Tom.

Any kit that gets you through the weekend at the moot is absolutely fine. New folk very very welcome.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi Tom,

If you have camping gear that should be ok mate, let us know what kit you have got then I'm sure someone will be able to let you know what else might make life a little more comfortable

Brian

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome aboard Smith,
If you've done any sort of camping before, you'll get on fine at the Bushmoot. There'll be everything from people hiking in and hammocking, to full sized family tents with loads of trimmings. Its a great place to learn some new skills and swap a few stories around the campfire. Its also a good place to see what kit is available before you go parting with your hard-earned cash.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A warm welcome to you smith :D ..... Hope to see you at the moot :D ... all newbies welcome, just bring camping gear for the weekend (or 5 days if you are comming for the lot) and food.

Ed

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hello Tom, and welcome here....Get to that moot if you can, you will learn lots in a very relaxed setting and atmosphere. Plenty there to do and see and some great folk to meet. Don't worry about kit too much, knowledge is far more important.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE