Hello, introducing me and my dog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 2, 2007
South London
Hi,
Another new member in Surrey
Ive been reading the threads on the forum for a few days and found it very interesting. I found the forum through a google search when I was curious about how edeable squirrels are and how you skin and gut them.
Must admit I havnt tried it yet.

Im not experienced in woodlaw but a willing camper and enjoy the outdoors.
I suffer from ME/CFS but Im hoping to get out and about a bit more this year.
Just me and the dog somewhere quiet and remote With only what we need.
Tika my Utonagan carries his own kit as hes a big lad.
61883263b61246f7dd2576bdcc4c55113d8c7798a7efc84292364757.jpg

Anyway, Ill carry on reading the threads and Ill have a question to ask shortly, Im going to be looking for somewhere out of the way to camp away from camp sites and all the facilities to chill out.

Gordon and Tika

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Hi Gordon n welcome aboard. Thats a beautiful lookin dog you have there, i'm off to google them and find out some more about them.

Dave

Feb 2, 2007
South London
Bred to look like a grey wolf when Wolf blood in dogs was banned in the UK.
Not many around.
Started breeding about 20-30 years ago from Alaskan Malamut, Siberian Husky and German Shepherd, now beeding fairly true.
Hes a real show stopper when were walking about as everyone wants to know what he is or ask me if hes a wolf.

Have a look at Utonagan or Northern Inuit as they are very similar and share the same roots.

Gordon

B

bushyboo

Hello and welcome Gordon and Tika
hope you like it here

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Welcome Gordan and Tika. Beautiful dog mate he looks just like my German Shepherd( except different colour :D ).
Good to have you onboard.

Jay

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
welcome aboard mate! - Like the others I love Tika!

Can you post a piccie of Tika carying his kit?, that would be interesting to see:)

Feb 2, 2007
South London
I havnt got a recent pick, heres one when he was a bit younger with my daughter in the new forest.
I think he was 7 months old at the time, not much in the packs just water and snacks for the days walk as I didnt want to load him up while he was still growing.
Hes now 17 months, almost fully grown and nearly 7 stone. So he will be able to carry quite a bit when hes used to it. The plan is for him to carry all he needs.
Food, water, bed roll, bowls and bits and pieces needed.
I might upgrade his pack to one with built in hydration packs as at the moment I use a couple of those soft packs and its a bugger to keep the weight balanced.

32373331ea20d3f558c8e8021310430ca76aa51c95782404f94d8a9c.jpg

Gordon

Feb 2, 2007
South London
Temperament is good.
Theyve been bred for stable temperament and as a family pet
His parents live with small children, guinee pigs, rabbits and cats.
They are quite happy to live in the house or outside.
They are inteligent can be a bit stubborn and need proper training just like any dog. They are muscular and can be up to 8 stone in weight. He gets on with other dogs and enjoys a good game of chase.
Ive spent a lot of time getting him out and meeting people and dogs in different situations.
Hes very confident, if he meets an overly agressive dog he runs away and soon forgets about it. Im realy pleased with how well hes doing.

Hes a proper dog and Im looking forward to walking and getting out into the middle of no where with him.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Welcome Tika, loved to see you and your pack. Good of you to drag your "pet" on here ;)

:D Hi Gordon

Red

Feb 2, 2007
South London
Yes, but cant catch them.
His parents have been encouraged to take rabbits in the field and apparently are quite good at it. They seem able to understand the difference between the pet rabbits at home and the rabbits in the field.
Im discouraging hunting as I dont want him chasing farm animals when we are out and about. Especialy when he has a pack on his back.

Gordon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE